DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Chasing a Tesla with Active Track mode

jontracey

Reactions
HI Guys

Had some great feedback on the videos I have been posting, here is one from a while ago when I was playing with active track modes. I thought i would push it a little to see if the drone could keep a Tesla in shot while it was accelerating away, see for yourself our little drone is a wonderful thing.

Reactions: Vilco
Too bad it works only with a Tesla :)

LOL, could have been any car. The title suggests something Tesla specific.

Too bad it works only with a Tesla :)

LOL, could have been any car. The title suggests something Tesla specific.

well it was Tesla specific as in thats the car I used :) But agree it not a Tesla specific feature :)

HI Guys

Had some great feedback on the videos I have been posting, here is one from a while ago when I was playing with active track modes. I thought i would push it a little to see if the drone could keep a Tesla in shot while it was accelerating away, see for yourself our little drone is a wonderful thing.

Am I correct thinking that "PORTRAIT" should have read "PROFILE"?
And... how fast did you get when you sped up? Looked like 60-ish km/h

HI Guys Had some great feedback on the videos I have been posting, here is one from a while ago when I was playing with active track modes. I thought i would push it a little to see if the drone could keep a Tesla in shot while it was accelerating away, see for yourself our little drone is a wonderful thing.

Great little test, thanks for sharing. On the last mode, am I correct in thinking that it would've been able to continue tracking after your many-point-turn, IF it had 'backwards track' enabled? Pretty impressively smooth footage though, I'm not sure I could've tracked as well manually!

Cheers,

jason

HI Guys

Not to get political he's not the one wearing the foil hat

Closer to 60 mph I think, the tesla is pretty quick off the mark

Yes
Great little test, thanks for sharing. On the last mode, am I correct in thinking that it would've been able to continue tracking after your many-point-turn, IF it had 'backwards track' enabled? Pretty impressively smooth footage though, I'm not sure I could've tracked as well manually!

Cheers,

jason

I found if you slowly approach it, it will re-center but it needs some altitude, when it was very low it just lost me

What did you mean by ActiveTrack with Terrain follow? Aren't those two separate modes? I thought about it but never actually tested if the drone tries to keep GPS altitude or VPS altitude when in ActiveTrack mode.. i.e. when you go up a hill, will it eventually get to the point where it tries to fly into terrain (and hopefully the sensors kick in)

Reactions: jontracey
What did you mean by ActiveTrack with Terrain follow? Aren't those two separate modes? I thought about it but never actually tested if the drone tries to keep GPS altitude or VPS altitude when in ActiveTrack mode.. i.e. when you go up a hill, will it eventually get to the point where it tries to fly into terrain (and hopefully the sensors kick in)

yes there is a setting that allows multiple flight modes, you need to turn that on to be able to select multiple modes.

From what I understand it uses the landing sensors to detect distance from the ground, so it can follow at a given height as you climb or descend, I am sure GPS is involved in the equation as well but not sure which is used as the primary method

yes there is a setting that allows multiple flight modes, you need to turn that on to be able to select multiple modes.

From what I understand it uses the landing sensors to detect distance from the ground, so it can follow at a given height as you climb or descend, I am sure GPS is involved in the equation as well but not sure which is used as the primary method

The "Multiple Flight Modes" switch just enables using Sport mode, it doesn't mean you can use multiple Intelligent flight modes such as ActiveTrack and TerrainFollow at the same time selectively..

So really we're back to whether ActiveTrack compensates for the object gaining gps altitude...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S