DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cheapest way to get Litchi?

Robert Leigh

Reactions
I used to have a Phantom 3 Advanced but I'm thinking of getting a Mavic Pro.

I mostly did waypoint flights using Litchi, and for that, I had a tablet attached to the controller. From what I've read, the Mavic Pro controller doesn't need a tablet, but it does have a bracket for a mobile phone, and I assume that if you want to use Litchi, it will have to be via a mobile phone or a very small tablet, to provide a user interface.

The thing is, I'm one of those people who can't justify the expense of a smartphone, but just uses one of those pre-pay mobiles you can get for a tenner or so.

So my question is, what's the cheapest solution if you want to use Litchi with the Mavic Pro?

Same use tablet, but some are better than others. They also have mounts if it's not a 8 inch tablet. I use iPad air2 works great.

By a cheap, used smartphone or tablet. You can search this forum and the Phantom forum for recommendations on cheap devices that work.

Please do not fly a Mavic without a display device. You _will_ end up crashing your $1000 Mavic.

From what I've read, the Mavic Pro controller doesn't need a tablet
True, but it's not great idea to fly with just the remote controller. The DJI GO app (or Litchi) provides a lot of valuable information as you fly.

I assume that if you want to use Litchi, it will have to be via a mobile phone or a very small tablet, to provide a user interface
That's correct. Litchi must be installed on an Apple/Android mobile device.

what's the cheapest solution if you want to use Litchi with the Mavic Pro?
You can find a list of recommended and commonly used phones/tablets here.

Last edited:
Would a Google Nexus 7 work
Yes, it'll fit if you angle the remote controller arms outward. If that's too awkward, you can use it with a tablet mount (you can find some mounts here).

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+