DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Check out the soft spots on the right side of the frame. Should I send it in? (fighter jets flyby)

mmee

Reactions
Hello all,

I recently received my Mavic Pro after months of waiting like a lot of us. I am noticing that the right side of my videos and pictures as well sometimes look very soft (some people call it watercolor effect). The glass is clean and I am focusing using center focus C1 button. I am flying with bubble cover removed. I have attached a video for your viewing. What do you guys think? Should I send it in?

*edit* During the shot with the fighter jets I am standing under drone about 100 feet maybe. At no point during my flying do I ever fly over 400AGL and I was clear of all no fly zones.

Last edited:
I would say you should return it. But mostly because I saw you were flying at the same altitude as a formation of military jets? Seriously?

Reactions: mmee
Low flying jets appear from nowhere, can't blame him for that. Plus it's a known fact that they fly too low themselves endangering others. And I'm also pretty sure that "mmee" wasn't above 400ft from his take off point. You've done nothing wrong this there mate.

Video footage does look a bit soft in spots..
Have you messaged dji and asked there opinion?

Low flying jets appear from nowhere, can't blame him for that. Plus it's a known fact that they fly too low themselves endangering others. And I'm also pretty sure that "mmee" wasn't above 400ft from his take off point. You've done nothing wrong there mate.

I would say you should return it. But mostly because I saw you were flying at the same altitude as a formation of military jets? Seriously?
I was flying no higher than 150 feet. The military jets showed up about 10 minutes into my flight out of nowhere. Also I was not in any no fly zones or TFRs. Maybe you should ask some questions before condemning somebody.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pedro and kykayak
Low flying jets appear from nowhere, can't blame him for that. Plus it's a known fact that they fly too low themselves endangering others. And I'm also pretty sure that "mmee" wasn't above 400ft from his take off point. You've done nothing wrong this there mate.

No I will run in by DJI soon. I just got it so I will run a couple more batteries through the thing. I was no higher than 150ft AGL at any time and I was clear of all no fly zones. You're right that the military jets just showed up out of nowhere it seemed. They showed up after I had been in the air about 10 mins or so.

Reactions: mavic6611
I sent mine back for a refund, and just ordered another new one. Figured that would be faster. I had the same softness on right side (oddly sometimes on left too) I was contemplating keeping it, but noticed every time I reviewed my footage it was irritating the **** out of me more and more.

I believe at least 50% of mavics are effected by this, most owners are not noticing... Very easy to see in 4k footage on a 4k monitor...

I sent mine back for a refund, and just ordered another new one. Figured that would be faster. I had the same softness on right side (oddly sometimes on left too) I was contemplating keeping it, but noticed every time I reviewed my footage it was irritating the **** out of me more and more.

I believe at least 50% of mavics are effected by this, most owners are not noticing... Very easy to see in 4k footage on a 4k monitor...
Yeah I think I will open a ticket. Maybe I'll wait a month or so so that they can hopefully work out these issues.

I went out today and took off the ND filters I was using and tried focusing in a couple different spots. The file starting with DJI004 was center focus and I progressively moved the focus to the right. The problem seems like it is still there but minor, as if the ND filters made the condition worse. Maybe I had a smudge on my filter that made it worse. Who knows.
Dropbox - DJI Mavic Pro

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett