DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Check these tips before you contact DJI Customer service

Sharjeel786

Reactions
After watching endless reviews and trying out the Mavic Mini, I think have found the perfect drone for myself. Interesting fact, it weighs just a whopping 249 grams. And for those of you who don’t know (though I’m sure most of you guys already know it), there is a law which states that any unmanned aerial vehicle weighing over 250 grams needs to be registered with the Civil Aviation Authority. What a cut this drone has made by just one gram.
Don’t be fooled by the ultra-low weight, the Mavic Mini is designed with high quality materials and I’m quite impressed with the build quality. With such a tiny drone most people would expect cheap materials but that’s far from the truth. While folded, it easily sits in my palm and is lighter than most smartphones too. And with such a compact design and housing a 12 MP camera that is capable to record 2.7K Quad HD video, the Mavic Mini is perfect for my travelling trips. I take it with me to almost all my travel destinations. The size is compact and foldable too, making it much easy to carry around with me.
The Mavic Mini is rated at 30 minutes flying time on a single charge which is enough for me to record most of my footage of the environment where I travel. Keeping a secondary source of power with you can be handy but for me 30 minutes is enough. For vloggers it may not be enough but that’s what you get at such a sweat price point.
Above is what I felt about this tiny drone. As Mavic mini is obviously an entry-level drone, so I presume most of its targeted consumers have never played with a drone before. Following I’ve collected few tips from all the tutorials and videos I’ve watched. Guess they would be helpful for new starters.
  1. Don’t fly your new Mavic mini indoors for your first flight. As it doesn’t include an obstacle avoidance system. Though I’ve actually tried that it can hover indoor pretty well, I’ll still suggest you to find an open area to fly it.
  2. Don’t forget to take off the gimbal protector, or else you’ll get the gimbal overload warning. The gimbal protector is for transport and storage only, so it must be taken off to turning on the Mavic Mini.
  3. Don’t try two-hand launching if it’s your first-time flight. The propellers can still give a slight cut to your fingers by accident.
  4. Always turn on the remote controller first, and then the aircraft.
  5. You can only take off when the system is ready. On the user interface, only after you see the “Take off permitted” sign that you can take off.
  6. Before you take off, check in the app that if there’s a no-fly zone warning, check if you need a compass calibration or an IMU calibration that might be needed on your device.
  7. Set the auto RTH altitude higher than any buildings or trees around you.
  8. Don’t set the antennas pointe right towards the drone, as it will let you get the worst reception. Better make the antennae vertical to the ground.

The 4k camera would have been ideal with this drone but considering the price point, I’ll let that slide. So far, I’ve been happy with this drone and hope you guys enjoy it too!

I would add to put the phone on "plane" mode, at least for CE version, it reduce a lot disconnections between RC and aircraft.

Reactions: atsphenomenon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu