DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Checking in from Cleveland, Tennessee!

cknipp

Reactions
Hello folks!

I bought a Mavic Mini a couple years ago for hobby and for church use to add some extra fun to my videos! It’s my first drone ever.

A friend in real estate development asked me to get some aerial footage of 125 acres lakefront property he was selling. He and some buyers loved the video. Apparently I have a knack for showing everything they want to see for a real estate property video. He paid me $1,000 for the video!

Thet want me to do more so I’ve been doing some research and I now know I need to take a Part 107 test etc. to be a licensed commercial pilot.

Here’s a big question for you guys with way more experience than me. I’m going to upgrade my drone. Been looking at Mavic 2 Pro & Zoom. Also, the cheaper option of the Mavic air 2s has coauthor my attention. And NOW there’s the new Mavic 3 Pro coming out. What’s a guy to do?

I’m kind of liking the Mavic 2S, but is it able to fly the same waypoints for filming a real estate development time lapse showing construction progress?

Thanks for your help!
cknipp

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome from Long Island Ny. You’re at the right place for the answers to your query although it might be wise to wait until November for a new release In the meanwhile have fun! Fly safe! All the help in the drone world is on this forum. … hmm along with the rest of the world just about. Fly safe and my best with your endeavors. Godspeed, Droniac

@cknipp - Glad to have you here @ MP!!

Also glad you found out about the 107 certification. Don't know if you know about the TRUST test. Should also do that one. It's free and pretty much can't fail it. Recreational pilots keep that with them when they're flying in case the FAA or a LEO asks for it. You can go here to find a test adminstrator - TRUST Testing

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hello folks!

I bought a Mavic Mini a couple years ago for hobby and for church use to add some extra fun to my videos! It’s my first drone ever.

A friend in real estate development asked me to get some aerial footage of 125 acres lakefront property he was selling. He and some buyers loved the video. Apparently I have a knack for showing everything they want to see for a real estate property video. He paid me $1,000 for the video!

Thet want me to do more so I’ve been doing some research and I now know I need to take a Part 107 test etc. to be a licensed commercial pilot.

Here’s a big question for you guys with way more experience than me. I’m going to upgrade my drone. Been looking at Mavic 2 Pro & Zoom. Also, the cheaper option of the Mavic air 2s has coauthor my attention. And NOW there’s the new Mavic 3 Pro coming out. What’s a guy to do?

I’m kind of liking the Mavic 2S, but is it able to fly the same waypoints for filming a real estate development time lapse showing construction progress?

Thanks for your help!
cknipp
Welcome from Long Island NY. As far as your query goes… no matter what you decide, I can almost promise you that I’m the next year or two you’ll be going through a similar issue as keep justifying buying the M3P for my needs. Or is it my wants. Hmmm. The classified here tell the tale :). Either way I wish for you good fortune, fun and safe flights, Godspeed, Droniac

Welcome to the MavicPilots forum. Enjoy, and happy flying!??

Hello folks!

Thanks for your help!
cknipp
Welcome from Western NC. You got some great places to shoot on the Ocoee River and areas to west of Cleveland towards NC. Done some droning of the Ocoee during summer when headed to Chattanooga or coming back.

The Mavic 3 "may be" worth waiting for, but an exact sell date has not been set that I've seen. Until it is released, all "specs" are just guesses for most part. But, if you're doing the 107 and want to do commercial - then the price once it comes out could be worth it.

The Air2S is quite the drone and would be an asset once you get your 107. I have an Air2 and it does everything I need, although the camera is better on he 2S, but not worth me spending another $1,000 for it.

Go for the FlyMore kits as batteries are pricey and you'll need plenty of them. I have 3 and can burn thru them pretty quickly just doing waterfalls and such. I do carry the charger and they make one for a car if yours does not have an electrical plug in it - mine does. Just buying necessary accessories will stretch the budget too - so be prepped for that sticker shock.

With a Mini - you're kind of stuck using a cell phone to fly and that is a limitation, esp for commercial. Go with a nice big tablet if you go Air2S and even splurge on the Triptek as it's one of the brightest tablets on the market (looking for HIGH NIT COUNT). Yes, the Triptek is pricey - yet it could be a business expense well worth the cost.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

If you're going to be shooting primarily still shots, I would go with the Air 2s. If mostly video, I would wait for the Mavic 3 (IMHO)

Welcome from Western NC. You got some great places to shoot on the Ocoee River and areas to west of Cleveland towards NC. Done some droning of the Ocoee during summer when headed to Chattanooga or coming back.

The Mavic 3 "may be" worth waiting for, but an exact sell date has not been set that I've seen. Until it is released, all "specs" are just guesses for most part. But, if you're doing the 107 and want to do commercial - then the price once it comes out could be worth it.

The Air2S is quite the drone and would be an asset once you get your 107. I have an Air2 and it does everything I need, although the camera is better on he 2S, but not worth me spending another $1,000 for it.

Go for the FlyMore kits as batteries are pricey and you'll need plenty of them. I have 3 and can burn thru them pretty quickly just doing waterfalls and such. I do carry the charger and they make one for a car if yours does not have an electrical plug in it - mine does. Just buying necessary accessories will stretch the budget too - so be prepped for that sticker shock.

With a Mini - you're kind of stuck using a cell phone to fly and that is a limitation, esp for commercial. Go with a nice big tablet if you go Air2S and even splurge on the Triptek as it's one of the brightest tablets on the market (looking for HIGH NIT COUNT). Yes, the Triptek is pricey - yet it could be a business expense well worth the cost.
Thanks for the information! Quick question: Can the Air2S fly pre-planned waypoints filming points of interest?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom