DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Checking in from Japan

Elverno

Reactions
hi,
My Air just cleared customs in the states so I should see it here in a couple weeks.

I have gotten permission from a few local temples so once I’m done crashing into trees, ground, myself, my wife...

Looking forward to participating here.
I’ve found the appropriate links to drone laws here but have yet to find a link (in English) to maps of NFZs.

Happy and excited,Vern

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Welcome! Have fun flying--start in beginner or tripod mode. You'll find it's easy to avoid crashing into trees or anything else if you're careful.

The AirMap app looks like it has the basic Japan nfz information. I've seen nfz maps in Japanese somewhere and will look for those links again since I'm going in a couple weeks. The big difference is whether you are in a densely populated city or out in the country. I remember Japanese drone rules being straightforward.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

hi,
My Air just cleared customs in the states so I should see it here in a couple weeks.

I have gotten permission from a few local temples so once I’m done crashing into trees, ground, myself, my wife...

Looking forward to participating here.
I’ve found the appropriate links to drone laws here but have yet to find a link (in English) to maps of NFZs.

Happy and excited,Vern
Howdy from Wyoming @Elverno , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Thanks for your kind words and info. I found an app named Drone Maps by Keishi Ishimura with what looks like the DJI NFZ maps embedded. Works great and incorporates the current Japanese law in both Japanese and English. I’ll be checking out these other links in the next few days.

Got the Air and went flying at a nearby park, checking first with the local folks to be sure there would be no problems. I had to fight to get a turn from my grandson but day one was as fun as I thought it would be.

Reactions: jag32266
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Great info as i will be travelling to japan this may 20 and m still deciding whether to bring my MA or not

Glad I found this thread.. The family is planning a vacation to Japan in October 2018 for two weeks. We are bringing the remains of my father-in-law to the family temple. I have never been to Japan outside of the military a very long time ago. I have a keen interest in landscape photography. 1.) Am I able to bring my Platinum into country? 2.) I will link to the info LarryM posted to find out the laws. 3.) My mother-in-laws family is just north of Tokyo and it seems they are leaving what I want to do up to me. They already know about the photography. I just now thought of the drone. Any ideas/hints/suggestion are most welcome. TIA

Glad I found this thread.. The family is planning a vacation to Japan in October 2018 for two weeks. We are bringing the remains of my father-in-law to the family temple. I have never been to Japan outside of the military a very long time ago. I have a keen interest in landscape photography. 1.) Am I able to bring my Platinum into country? 2.) I will link to the info LarryM posted to find out the laws. 3.) My mother-in-laws family is just north of Tokyo and it seems they are leaving what I want to do up to me. They already know about the photography. I just now thought of the drone. Any ideas/hints/suggestion are most welcome. TIA
We found local places where we were told you needed to get permission to fly. That information might be hard to come by but I think if you follow the basic common sense rules (don't fly near people, etc) and use the Airmap (preferred app) exclusions for airports and city areas where you should not fly you should be ok to fly in country side places. If you want to fly near tourist sites it would be best to ask.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User