DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Checking in from Salt Lake City, Utah, 4400' msl!

SteveE

Reactions
Hello all, I have finally graduated up to the Mavic2Pro. This is my 4th model of rtf camera quad and 3rd brushless. I have had to modify or change props on previous models to compensate for altitude. I am certain the Mavic will be able to handle flying at the top of Snowbird Ski Resort, for example, at nearly 12,000' msl. I also build and fly fpv wings like the and diy camera quads (Mode 2 Ghost, iFlight X7). I am primarily interested in long range fpv camera work and would like to look into volunteer Search And Rescue. Mavic 2 Pro, Smart Remote, DJI RE Goggles

Last edited:
Hello all, I have finally graduated up to the Mavic2Pro. This is my 4th model of rtf camera quad and 3rd brushless. I have had to modify or change props on previous models to compensate for altitude. I am certain the Mavic will be able to handle flying at the top of Snowbird Ski Resort, for example, at nearly 12,000' msl. I also build and fly fpv wings like the and diy camera quads (Mode 2 Ghost, iFlight X7). I am primarily interested in long range fpv camera work and would like to look into volunteer Search And Rescue. Mavic 2 Pro, Smart Remote, DJI RE Goggles
Well hello fellow Snowbirder! I think you’ll find it handles 12,000 feet (and beyond ?) just fine. In fact this is the end of the first day of DJI season this year. Might see a few land marks you recognize

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum Steve!

Seems we have more in common than the DJI line up. Unlike you I live on the water(Chesapeake Bay). However, there are more than a few opportunities for SAR operations in the area.

I'm building(my first ever) a dual fuselage RV-Jet. My next door neighbor has admired my Mavic Pro from time to time. His uncle(a long time RC enthusiast) recently passed and I was offered the opportunity to purchase the uncle's RC equipment. Most of it was balsa, fabric and gas powered. However, I did get the RV-Jet and a pair of the RVOSDs. I hold a Technician Class Amatuer ticket and plan to fly on UHF. Perhaps you could coach me though the process of building a flying wing?

Hope to see you posts on the forums!

Welcome to the forum! :)

As to SAR try going to the SWARM page over on FB and look them over, world wide organization started here in USA.

Thanks so much! Will definitely check them out. Litchi Desktop Platform? Based on my experience with upgrading the SC to Litchi, I would imagine that the desktop version is worth the price (in addition to the device/smart controller version?) I am convinced that Litchi is the ONLY way to go with the SC!

Welcome to the forum Steve!

Seems we have more in common than the DJI line up. Unlike you I live on the water(Chesapeake Bay). However, there are more than a few opportunities for SAR operations in the area.

I'm building(my first ever) a dual fuselage RV-Jet. My next door neighbor has admired my Mavic Pro from time to time. His uncle(a long time RC enthusiast) recently passed and I was offered the opportunity to purchase the uncle's RC equipment. Most of it was balsa, fabric and gas powered. However, I did get the RV-Jet and a pair of the RVOSDs. I hold a Technician Class Amatuer ticket and plan to fly on UHF. Perhaps you could coach me though the process of building a flying wing?

Hope to see you posts on the forums!
Aloha!
I am a bit sporadic on some forums as of yet. That should change, especially as I dive into the M2 with more knowlege and therefore, gusto.. I have been taking links from Dustin Dunhill's(sic) You tube channel. He is known for "range testing" many quads like the M2 and shows several wing builds with links. He has flown between Maui and Lanai on 4g, which kinda makes us FCC rats obsolete (albeit with even more delay)
Meantime I am trying to find out if one can digitize an analog tx/rx, especially in 2.4g. Also looking at the DJI Air module. I am using Crossfire (so UHF) for controls, but compared to 4g (except in very limited areas nationwide) this seems old school. Good luck, and I'll list where I go for wing fixes in my bio. Enjoy!

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your M2P, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent