DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Checking in from the Netherlands

JoostGT3

Reactions
Hi all,
As a first post I would like to introduce myself;
36 y/o, aerospace engineer, living and working in the Netherlands. I have always had an interest in aviation and photography. Been an active paraglider for ten years and after I quit that hobby in 2012, I decided I would "some day" look into flying a drone, preferably equipped with a nice camera and maybe FPV (To get my flying fix every now and then ;-)).
Well, "some day" was last Saturday! Got myself the Mavic Fly more combo and loving it!
Just taking my first babysteps into the world of flying these little marvels. Primarily getting my piloting skills up to a level that I am confident flying it under all/most circumstances, then getting to grips with the camera. I'll probably be focusing mainly on photographs, but hopefully also on movies later.
First impression of the Mavic is that it is really easy to fly, so that "workload" is taken away and it makes it easy to focus on the camera bit.

Hoping for some nice discussions, tips&tricks and support, as well as just nice dronetalk!
All the best,
-Joost-

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi all,
As a first post I would like to introduce myself;
36 y/o, aerospace engineer, living and working in the Netherlands. I have always had an interest in aviation and photography. Been an active paraglider for ten years and after I quit that hobby in 2012, I decided I would "some day" look into flying a drone, preferably equipped with a nice camera and maybe FPV (To get my flying fix every now and then ;-)).
Well, "some day" was last Saturday! Got myself the Mavic Fly more combo and loving it!
Just taking my first babysteps into the world of flying these little marvels. Primarily getting my piloting skills up to a level that I am confident flying it under all/most circumstances, then getting to grips with the camera. I'll probably be focusing mainly on photographs, but hopefully also on movies later.
First impression of the Mavic is that it is really easy to fly, so that "workload" is taken away and it makes it easy to focus on the camera bit.

Hoping for some nice discussions, tips&tricks and support, as well as just nice dronetalk!
All the best,
-Joost-

Hi joost
I also live in holland and mavic is brilliant
Just spend some extra time on the rth function
And check loose battery before flying . That way I lost my first drone . Just friendly advice I wish I had .
Enjoy you flying !

Bought my some month ago. I fly in a "baned" area just waiting for the law to change, and the spring to arrive! Learning how things works, so later I do not have to fumble with all the settings when there is a Kodac moment! Bought myself some ND filters, and got out of Auto! I think that Tripodmode and spotlightmode are the ones I will use the most... Wish u all luck whit the so fun flying camera!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum . :)

Welcome/Welkom, to the forum

Also from The Netherlands here.
If you have any questions just ask them or check the forum with the search bar :)
Enjoy your flying and always fly safe :D

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

@erickx ; Thanks for the tip! I find that sometimes the battery requires a bit of persuasion to click into the locked position, so it definitely is something to pay attention to!
What do you mean with "spend some time with the RTH function"? It is just a matter of setting the altitude high enough so it won't run into any objects, right? First time I used it it scared the holy crap out of me, as I had only been flying for 10 minutes at 5m altitude. Tried the RTH only to see it climb to 30m, which is quite a distance when you have only flown in beginners mode :)

@fredbjor: Why are you flying in a banned area? There are sufficient places where you can legally fly it, aren't there? And waiting for the law to change... I am expecting it to only get tighter and tighter to be honest. :-/

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

@erickx ; Thanks for the tip! I find that sometimes the battery requires a bit of persuasion to click into the locked position, so it definitely is something to pay attention to!
What do you mean with "spend some time with the RTH function"? It is just a matter of setting the altitude high enough so it won't run into any objects, right? First time I used it it scared the holy crap out of me, as I had only been flying for 10 minutes at 5m altitude. Tried the RTH only to see it climb to 30m, which is quite a distance when you have only flown in beginners mode :)

@fredbjor: Why are you flying in a banned area? There are sufficient places where you can legally fly it, aren't there? And waiting for the law to change... I am expecting it to only get tighter and tighter to be honest. :-/

Hi!

Nope in Sweden u cant fly a camera drone anywhere. Only if u ar certain of that no human can be spotted at your film!

Hi!

Nope in Sweden u cant fly a camera drone anywhere. Only if u ar certain of that no human can be spotted at your film!
Ah ok! Wow, those are harsh laws... In the Netherlands, that would mean no flying at all :-/

Reactions: fredbjor
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jarrodwp1