DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Checking In

DennisM

Reactions
Thank you for having me here.

I just bought a Mavic Mini (still waiting for it to be delivered) after crashing my first ever drone, a toy drone. Decided to take it up a notch and get a "real" drone.

I'm beginning to find useful information in this forum. Again, thank you.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hi, and welcome!

I think you will find a world of difference between a toy drone and a Mavic Mini :)

My first drone was a cheap thing I got my son as a present. I think it flew twice, landed in a bush and he lost interest and never flew it again. I bought it back off him to play with myself, flew it a couple of times and it landed in a bush, and I never flew it again.

I've fancied drone photography for a few years, and bought a "Better one" based on the idea the camera was 1080. I flew that a couple of times. It was uncontrollable even in the slightest of breezes. Blew away, got stuck in a tree and burned the motors out trying to escape. The camera was crap, BTW.

OK. On to number 3. This time I went for a "Better" one with GPS. OK, it would stay in place and had a degree of wind resistance but would frequently give up trying to maintain position, flip over and fly away. I could never fly it over or near water. The camera was OK, but no form of stabilisation, and fisheye - which I hate. That flew out of range straight into some trees and was never seen again.

Time to get real. I got the entry level DJI product, which was a Spark at the time. Teriffic to fly, the camera was fantastic (with the limitation of 2 axis gimbal) and I had great fun with it, producing some good shots. I even did some wedding photography for my daughter's friend with it.

There comes a time when you want to upgrade, and I wanted one with a better range and improved camera, so I now have a Mavic 2 zoom. Selling Sparky was like losing a friend :{

So entering the world of proper drones is something you are bound to enjoy! Drones aren't perfect, and there are physical and technical limitations to them, but watching a few youtube vids to see how to get the best out of it is a good idea. Have fun!

Just avoid trees...........

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum. I also fly a MM and have many fun flights. You will find much support and advice here. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54