DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Checking the mavic pro body screws?

KostasNK

Reactions
There are a lot of screws (allen or torx I don't remember right now) on the outside hull of the mavic. Is there a need to check that they are tightly screwed after some months of use?
I saw some on the legs also. Is there a chance they will get loose and lose somethig during high speed flights?
I thought of this yesterday and I will check them this afternoon to make sure...

All the exterior screws are 1.5mm hex head. Some go into metal others go into plastic. You can give each of them a 1/16 twist to make sure they are in, but dont overtighten.

Reactions: scooot
Not to mention the bot itself is clipped together pretty well. You practically need to pry them apart once the screws are out.

So even if you loose some during a flight you don't have to worry about loosing parts and having them fall on someone's head below... :D

I tightened and 2 of the bottom ones had something on them like transparent glue and I could not press the hex screwdriver in. The 6 that are under the motors were a bit loose. Alla the others were ok... :)

So how are you tightening those two screws? I have dji care, if one is to remove those you lose it?

Are there any other things you guys are doing as preventive maintenance (apart from cleaning)? E.g. change the props after XX hours of flight despite they look okay?

Greetings from Vienna!

Well I've been running the same set of props, since getting the Mavic in January this year.

Now this is a bit a bit OCD, but to clean off bug splats, I actually used a very mild car polishing compound or glaze, the same used on protective clear coats. Then used a detailing spray to give the props a silky smooth finish. 7 months later . and although I have not measured it, I bet they slice through the air more cleanly and they still have a silky finish in comparison to new props which don't feel as smooth.....

May be worth doing a comparison between polished and unpolished props?.....see if they are more efficient.....tin hat on now :)

You know the stuff you buy to clean eye glasses with? It's about three or four dollars for a 5 oz. bottle. Well, you can make almost the exact same stuff buy taking one quart of distilled (because it's about as clean a water as you can get) and add one or two drops of dishwashing soap. What kind? The best kind, (whatever you have under the kitchen sink.) Shake it a little and BINGO!!. You have the cheapest and (I think), the best bug cleaner you can find anywhere and it costs you almost nothing for an entire quart. That should last you a year or more if you fly every day.

It doesn't harm or take the shine off your Mavic Pro or Phantom 4/Pro and it cleans the bugs off really well. It also will not harm the lenses and/or the sensors. I clean everything on the drones with this very mild liquid. All of my batteries, the Mavic Pro and props, the Phantom 3 Pro and props and the Phantom 4 Pro and props.

Try it, you'll like it, and you won't have to buy anymore cleaner at the higher prices.

Bud

Well I've been running the same set of props, since getting the Mavic in January this year.

Now this is a bit a bit OCD, but to clean off bug splats, I actually used a very mild car polishing compound or glaze, the same used on protective clear coats. Then used a detailing spray to give the props a silky smooth finish. 7 months later . and although I have not measured it, I bet they slice through the air more cleanly and they still have a silky finish in comparison to new props which don't feel as smooth.....

May be worth doing a comparison between polished and unpolished props?.....see if they are more efficient.....tin hat on now :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS