DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Chicago Burbs

toddrusteberg

Reactions
Hi All, I recently joined this forum and happy to meet you virtually. I bought my Mavic Pro Platinum last year and started out being a little nervous about letting it out of my sight and did not fly it too much last year. I just got it back out and took it on my first flight and have a new appreciation for how much fun this will be. I flew it about a mile which was well out of my sight and flew on visuals only for the first time. (i know for you experienced pilots this is not a big deal but I know the newbies can relate) ; ) I feel more confident now and can't wait to explore more this Summer.
We have a Summer place and can't wait to get some aerial shots of us surfing behind the boat. Looking forward to seeing all of your pictures from your drone adventures. It is especially nice to be able to get in the air and explore the area with my drone while we are all on lock down in Illinois, virtual freedom! God bless you all and stay safe!

I have attached a few shots of the Summer place where I will be doing most of my flying.

Regards,
Todd

Attachments

• HHO 1.jpg
    HHO 1.jpg
    604.6 KB · Views: 25
  • HHO 2.jpg
    HHO 2.jpg
    508.7 KB · Views: 24
  • HHO 3.jpg
    HHO 3.jpg
    555.3 KB · Views: 24
  • HHO 5.jpg
    HHO 5.jpg
    506.8 KB · Views: 23
  • HHO 6.jpg
    HHO 6.jpg
    606.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of suggestions and assistance on this forum, search and then ask. We look forward to seeing your view of the world.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: Thomas B
Welcome! Since when did Ottawa become a suburb of Chicago? I'm in Oswego just up the Fox River from you. Enjoy your Mavic, M2P owner here.

Reactions: Thomas B
Welcome! Since when did Ottawa become a suburb of Chicago? I'm in Oswego just up the Fox River from you. Enjoy your Mavic, M2P owner here.
haha, you are correct sir, Ottawa is not so much a suburb, but I live in Oak Brook. Ottawa is where I will do most of my flying over the Summer weekends, our Summer cottage is in Ottawa along the Illinois River, but I am flying it in Oak Brook until Summer starts. : )

haha, you are correct sir, Ottawa is not so much a suburb, but I live in Oak Brook. Ottawa is where I will do most of my flying over the Summer weekends, our Summer cottage is in Ottawa along the Illinois River, but I am flying it in Oak Brook until Summer starts. : )
Once we get through this craziness, I can show you several places in Kendall County that are nice to fly if you are interested.

Reactions: toddrusteberg
Hi All, I recently joined this forum and happy to meet you virtually. I bought my Mavic Pro Platinum last year and started out being a little nervous about letting it out of my sight and did not fly it too much last year. I just got it back out and took it on my first flight and have a new appreciation for how much fun this will be. I flew it about a mile which was well out of my sight and flew on visuals only for the first time. (i know for you experienced pilots this is not a big deal but I know the newbies can relate) ; ) I feel more confident now and can't wait to explore more this Summer.
We have a Summer place and can't wait to get some aerial shots of us surfing behind the boat. Looking forward to seeing all of your pictures from your drone adventures. It is especially nice to be able to get in the air and explore the area with my drone while we are all on lock down in Illinois, virtual freedom! God bless you all and stay safe!

I have attached a few shots of the Summer place where I will be doing most of my flying.

Regards,
Todd
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your MPP, Fly safe and have fun!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada