DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Chicago Fire Episode S9 E3

Uncle Pete

Reactions
Just curious what your thoughts are, on the way drones where portrayed on this TV show.
I wasn’t impressed.

Last edited:
Just curious what your thoughts are, on the way drones where portrayed on this TV show.
I wasn’t impressed.
I just watched the episode, and thought it was very well done... as always. What were you not "impressed" with? I saw someone with a serious injury after she was hit with a drone which was being piloted by some creepy neighbour who didn't care that the woman was badly injured. So is it that you don't believe one can be injured from being struck by a drone? Or perhaps you don't believe that anyone would use a drone for anything other than capturing photography/video? Or was it because the paramedic ended up putting the drone out of its misery? Or...?

I'm just not too sure what you're getting at.

I just watched the episode, and thought it was very well done... as always. What were you not "impressed" with? I saw someone with a serious injury after she was hit with a drone which was being piloted by some creepy neighbour who didn't care that the woman was badly injured. So is it that you don't believe one can be injured from being struck by a drone? Or perhaps you don't believe that anyone would use a drone for anything other than capturing photography/video? Or was it because the paramedic ended up putting the drone out of its misery? Or...?

First off welcome to the forum.

I've got to be honest, that's a pretty bold FIRST post on a Drone Forum my friend.

Anyway... Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

Reactions: BigAl07
First off welcome to the forum.

I've got to be honest, that's a pretty bold FIRST post on a Drone Forum my friend.
Thank-you for the welcome; much appreciated. Sorry, but I must confess that I am just a bit confused, that's all. If I wrote something in my earlier post that came across as being "pretty bold"?... then I do apologize; it was certainly not my intent. I really didn't know what the OP meant when he stated that he "wasn't impressed"... not sure if he meant that the show itself wasn't up to its usual level of excellence, or if he maybe got the impression that the show was attempting to make it seem that all drone owners are somehow bad, or perhaps he believed that a drone could not possibly cause injury to someone. Anyway, I was simply curious, is all.

I was not impressed, because the operator and the drone were shown in a bad way.
People watch that and believe that it is the norm. Just my opinion.

Reactions: pelagic_one

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

We are not happy when anybody that does not follow the safety guidelines puts the blame on the drone when the fault should be put on that person.

I was not impressed, because the operator and the drone were shown in a bad way.
People watch that and believe that it is the norm. Just my opinion.
TV shows like that do not represent the norm and aren't designed to be. I often laugh at the inaccuracies when watching Chicago Fire. Not to say that the drone incident couldn't happen though. A lot of that type of dramatic programing is often very inaccurate compared to the real world and is designed to over exaggerate circumstances in order to excite viewers. Without drama, many true to life TV shows would be too boring to watch, so highlighting and inflating current world events (good or bad) makes for a more interesting television series. While reality shows are often realistic, they are usually scripted to provide drama. Even the live police/fire type shows (which actually are highly accurate) keep the show dramatic by quickly jumping from incident to incident to keep viewing interest up. But yeah, it's too bad some people think the typical drama infused TV show like Chicago Fire is the real McCoy. They often only border on the side of reality.

Reactions: Uncle Pete
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada