DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Chile: Bringing Mavic 2 Zoom to Chile - passing control in the airport

Timofey

Reactions
Dear all,

I am planning to come to Chile in March 2020 and I would like to bring DJI Mavic 2 Zoom drone with me to take some photos and videos of my trip – for a leisure use only. As in any other country, I am not going to operate the drone in cities, populated and prohibited/restricted areas.

From the numerous public sources I understand that operator needs a license from the Civil Aviation authorities (DGAC) to fly a drone in Chile for drones over 750 grams. DJI Mavic 2 Zoom weighs 900 grams...

Still there is not much information on the application of those rules and I would be very grateful if you could share your recent experience on the following:

- How strict are controls in the Santiago airport on the drones? I'll have only one domestic flight to Balmaceda. Is there a risk of confiscation at the controls on my flight to Balmaceda? How often drones are confiscated at airports in Chile?
- Can the control ask for a license/registration papers from DGAC?

I live in France and all drones over 800gr have to be registered with the local authority. The pilot has to pass a training and tests as well. The drone has to be equipped with a visible Registration label of the following format:
* UAS-FR-XXXX
* Name Surname
* Address
* Phone number

- Will it be in any way positively considered by the Chilean local authorities? Will it help me avoid troubles in the airport when bringing in the drone?

Many thanks in advance for your help and advice.
Best regards,
Timofey

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000