DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Chiloé Island-Chile- group 4

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
Our guides from Tierra Chiloe, (Southern Chile) took us to several picturesque waterside towns on the island of Chiloe., Here the commerce is mostly fishing, for both fish, oysters and clams, as well as small shipyards. Many homes are made with a shingles exterior siding. Many colorful boats.

Also, a drone shot of a beautiful waterfalls in the middle of a jungle.I simple went straight up, slowed the shutter to 1/2 second to blur the waster, and shot and brought it straight down.

Here is a map of our route, all on the 100 x 50 mile island of Chiloe. There are 19 all wooden churches dating to the 19th century and all Unesco Sites. Some are shown here. The bird is a caracara, a predatory bird that steals food from other birds, and their eggs as well.The final image is the inside of a boat hull under construction.
click on each image to enlarge.
Tierra Chiloe Lodge to San Juan.jpg

Attachments

• Caracara on a rope.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
  • Cascade-Cascadas de Tocoihue.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • The Universal-boat on land.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
  • Orange Church.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
  • Interior Boat Hull unddr construction.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
  • Iglesia de Nuestra Señora de los Dolores de Dalcahue.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
  • Fishing Boats-Dry Dock-San Juan.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
  • Dalcahue-boats-harbor and on land.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
  • Dalcahue Shungled Hotel Building-CHI_3635.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
Nice photos Dale . . . the old architecture is interesting. What's the story on those boats? Are they beached or does the tide come that far inland? It's tied off so I'm assuming its low tide . . .

Nice photos Dale . . . the old architecture is interesting. What's the story on those boats? Are they beached or does the tide come that far inland? It's tied off so I'm assuming its low tide . . .
I wish I knew the answer to your question. My guess is that they are being repaired, or out of service due to the season, or have an engine or a part problem. But they might have been put there by the tourism bureau for me!

I may as well take this opportunity to put on another plug for the masking tool in the new photoshop. None of those skies would have been possible otherwise. They're pure white in the original image.

Dale

Last edited:
Dale, you were able to darken the sky in the dry dock boats picture using Photoshop? The picture looks very natural as you've adjusted it.

Dale, you were able to darken the sky in the dry dock boats picture using Photoshop? The picture looks very natural as you've adjusted it.
As I have been harping on this for months since Adobe released it, the miracle of the new MASKING TOOL has greatly helped me in difficult images like this. The masking tool allows me to isolate the sky ("select sky"), or the subject, or a brush, or invert the subject and the sky, and work on each and every part of the image independently. The masked area is shown in a color of your choice (I use the default red). Then, once masked, you have the entire tool box of selections such as exposure, shadows, details, etc. Here are three images. The the masked image (subject), original un-retouched image, and a final image. I removed electric wires, brightened the trees, removed a light on the ground, highlighted the steeple, etc. I also aligned the church and the steeple to be vertical.

The first image shows "select subject" in red. From here you can edit to make lighter, more details, etc.
Selected subject with masking.jpg
It is important that the files be RAW so you have more information to deal with and not lose details in the highlights or shadows.

Comments???

Dale

Attachments

• Church in San Juan-un-retrouched.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7
  • Church in San Juan-retrouched.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members