DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Choice of SD card class

BumblerBee

Reactions
Hi!

A quick question about SD card speed class. Mavic came with a UHS-3 16GB SanDisk. I already have a UHS-1 64GB Kingston, which I intend to use.

Following the guide here both card speed classes should support 4K recording up to 60fps, while Mavic records at 24fps in 4K
Speed Class - SD Association

Am I right in assuming that my card is more than good enough?

The Mavic is able to write data to the memory card at a max speed of 7.5 MB/s. So, you'll want to ensure your memory cards are able to write consistently at that speed.

Hello,
I tried two differents cards : 64 GB Class 10 UHS-1 and another 32 GB.
Both Samsung, one EVO.

With these two cards i have sometimes glitch and green freeze or pixels square when i record in 4K 30fps.

So it happened when the card is more than 30-40 % full.

These cards are not UHS-3 and i think the sequential write is sometimes not enough for the Mavic.

With the SD provided with Mavic (Sandisk 16 Go Extreme UHS-3) never a glitche or a freeze ...

So, in theory the sequential write is good with my UHS-1 cards but in reality It's not perfect for 4K.

Yep - thats' my take as well. I noticed some lag especially in photo taking with U1 card ---- I am using overkill u3 cards but had them for 4k on my Gopro and they work much better.
Yeah, I have a Sony FDR-X3000. If I put a U1 card in and try to set it to 4K it refuses to accept the setting - put in a U3 card and no problem. The Mavic, on the other hand, will let me set 4K with a U1 card but throws a fit when trying to record.

Here is the fix. Notice the drone in the top right corner.

Attachments

• New Saandisk 64 gb 100 mb.jpg
    New Saandisk 64 gb 100 mb.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
Reactions: WizDrone
Sandisk micro SD I will never ever buy again. I had over 10 fail on me and yes they replace them but the replacements fail as well. And this is over 5 years in many different devices.

I have much better results with Samsung and Lexar. For my Mavic i currently use Lexar microSDXC 1000x UHS-II (64GB, Class 10)
Never a problem, no glitches, plenty fast enough and reliable!

Last edited:
Reactions: tony56shooter
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929