DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Choppy / Jumpy video - Mavic Air

Locozuma

Reactions
Brand new here!
I've been shooting test footage and it's all really jumpy.
Mavic Air with a SanDisk Extreme 64gb, Macbook pro 2.3GHz Intel Core i5. I just opened up the controller to check the settings and it's set to 1080p. I can't be 1005 sure what settings I shot the test footage on though.
How do I know if it's the SD card or my computer?
Is there any way to convert the video ("res it down?") so that it plays smoothly?
Thanks in advance.

0.jpg

It would help to post a video and your camera settings. It may be that your shutter speed is too fast. Are you using a ND filter?

Brand new here!
I've been shooting test footage and it's all really jumpy.
Mavic Air with a SanDisk Extreme 64gb, Macbook pro 2.3GHz Intel Core i5. I just opened up the controller to check the settings and it's set to 1080p. I can't be 1005 sure what settings I shot the test footage on though.
How do I know if it's the SD card or my computer?
Is there any way to convert the video ("res it down?") so that it plays smoothly?
Thanks in advance.
I also had problems like you have... I used, what I thought was a "genuine" micro-sd-card I bought from china (wish.com). I think it just was fake and was no real "class 10", that we should use on our drones... I mean, maybe read/write values weren't high enough on my msd-card.

I had stutters in video and completely corrupt files... so I discarded this card and ordered a new, more expensive one from amazon. I have no problems ever since.

Your problem made me curious... and I used "Blackmagic Disk Speed Test" (from what I think is still a free software) with my fake class 10 msd-card (Verbatim 128 GB) and my new one (Samsung EVO Plus 64 GB) on a USB 3.0 hub.

Here the results from the "fake" one:
DiskSpeedTest-128gb-msd-verbatim-fake.png

And from the genuine Samsung:
DiskSpeedTest-64gb-msd-samsungevopro.png
---

So, in my case, I think it was just to slow to save the videodata, the drone wanted to store on it.
Maybe in your case, it's the same?

If you want to try it, you can find the software on the app store.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,
I know this is an older thread but i was wondering if the OP was able to resolve his issues. I'm also having stuttering issue (i can upload video later). I'm using the same company ScanDisk U3 128gb. I have it at 4k and have tried both 30 fps and 24fps with matching shutter speed of 60 and 50 respectively per the 180 degree rule. Anything else i can take a look at?

Also the card i have is this one: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FCMKK5X/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

but i might need to check if it is fake.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura