DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Christmas DJI Mavic Mini owner, first video - send me your criticism!

Manx

Reactions
Hello! As the title suggests, I'm a new owner of the Mini, and completely new to both drones and photography/video using Lightroom and Premier Pro. I've just started learning and would love some feedback on what I can do to improve.

The video was taken on a very dull, murky, miserable day and the Mini struggled with the lighting. I like the shots closer to the ground but on the seaweed follow, wished I angled the gimble down a little more.

The footage feels a little grainy to me, probably due to the terrible light and my post processing to try and improve things. Recorded 25fps at 2.7k.

I'm interested in how I can use Premier to improve the visual fidelity, but also the tips and tricks to turning a video more into a story.

Please, don't hold back - criticise away!

Hello! As the title suggests, I'm a new owner of the Mini, and completely new to both drones and photography/video using Lightroom and Premier Pro. I've just started learning and would love some feedback on what I can do to improve.

The video was taken on a very dull, murky, miserable day and the Mini struggled with the lighting. I like the shots closer to the ground but on the seaweed follow, wished I angled the gimble down a little more.

The footage feels a little grainy to me, probably due to the terrible light and my post processing to try and improve things. Recorded 25fps at 2.7k.

I'm interested in how I can use Premier to improve the visual fidelity, but also the tips and tricks to turning a video more into a story.

Please, don't hold back - criticise away!
Please try one of these threads to facilitate users.
Many threads on this already.

Reactions: Manx

The video was taken on a very dull, murky, miserable day and the Mini struggled with the lighting. ...
The footage feels a little grainy to me, probably due to the terrible light and my post processing to try and improve things

You need good light to get good video, so unless this was your only opportunity, my curmudgeonly advice is to take this as a practice session rather than a finished product, have some patience and try again when you have good light.

You need good light to get good video, so unless this was your only opportunity, my curmudgeonly advice is to take this as a practice session rather than a finished product, have some patience and try again when you have good light.
Much appreciated!

First of all, I’m new to drones also but am a retired professional photographer/videographer so I’ll speak to that. . For your first try, it’s very, very good. As already stated, good light translates into good video, you’ll be amazed at how much better the image quality is with decent light. Do some research on ND filters for very bright days. I liked the smoothness of your video. Most new videographers are too quick and jerky. FWIW, a couple minor suggestions you may want to consider are: start out with your establish shot instead of putting it near the end, and I would have liked to see the walkers on the beach a little lower In the frame. Finally, perhaps shorter clips to better hold the viewers attention in this fast paced society. Everything considered though, in my opinion you are way above average for a new filmmaker. Enjoy your new hobby, you’ve got a great start.

Reactions: Butterfly Copper
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3