DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cinematic gimbal settings?

Pixelhouse

Reactions
Is there any person willing to share his/her gimbal settings for nice smooth cinematic settings?
Might be a good baseline to play with i just got my MM2.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Pixelhouse, I am pretty new at this, I did watch different videos of pilots using different settings but overall they are pretty close to this. I only have set the "normal" mode and so far I'm happy with this settings:

PITCH SPEED 10°/s
PITCH SMOOTHNESS 25
YAW ROTATION SPEED 20°/s
YAW SMOOTHNESS 25

Hope that helps. :)

Reactions: Cliff1028
I've flown my Mini 2 on exactly one real excursion- today. And while I cannot provide any advice, all I can say is that everything handles entirely differently than the MM1. It's still got some bugs that have to be worked out. But considering the lightning speed that DJI came with this after introducting the MM1, then the speed at which they were available after announcing, one might expect some bugs.

What “bugs” did you experience? Thanks.
Mini 2 issues- First flight

See the above link
with two very short clips illustrating the issues. 1) Uncommanded yaw toward onset of flight. 2) Issue with gimbal/camera when switched into sport mode. 3) A known issue whereas the Mini 2 cannot connect with the DJI Assistant 2 app to do a firmware refresh. DJI Assitant 2 issue on DJI forum I am experiencing this issue as DJI support recommended a firmware refresh.

Mini 2 issues- First flight

See the above link
with two very short clips illustrating the issues. 1) Uncommanded yaw toward onset of flight. 2) Issue with gimbal/camera when switched into sport mode. 3) A known issue whereas the Mini 2 cannot connect with the DJI Assistant 2 app to do a firmware refresh. DJI Assitant 2 issue on DJI forum I am experiencing this issue as DJI support recommended a firmware refresh.
As mentioned a few other times in other similar threads, DJI in the manual says that it is recommended that you only use Normal or Cinesmooth mode for recording videos/photos. It doesn't recommend sports mode for those purposes. So technically it's not a bug, it's just not taking precedence to keep the gimbal super smooth when moving in sports mode (especially when it has a higher degree of tilt/etc than the gimbal can compensate for).

The drift issue with the hands off the stick, could also be an RC calibration issue.

#3, don't think I ever bothered with DJI Assist other than to see what it was about, only thing it could do was export the flight logs (the encrypted ones that we can't use anyways).

The main issue I have with the Mini 2 is that DNG files in panoramic mode are mostly useless, and finally got it escalated with support once they finally understood it's something that shouldn't be there (an upper left 25% corner of the DNG file being a different color... despite being a raw file).

As mentioned a few other times in other similar threads, DJI in the manual says that it is recommended that you only use Normal or Cinesmooth mode for recording videos/photos. It doesn't recommend sports mode for those purposes. So technically it's not a bug, it's just not taking precedence to keep the gimbal super smooth when moving in sports mode (especially when it has a higher degree of tilt/etc than the gimbal can compensate for).

The drift issue with the hands off the stick, could also be an RC calibration issue.

#3, don't think I ever bothered with DJI Assist other than to see what it was about, only thing it could do was export the flight logs (the encrypted ones that we can't use anyways).

The main issue I have with the Mini 2 is that DNG files in panoramic mode are mostly useless, and finally got it escalated with support once they finally understood it's something that shouldn't be there (an upper left 25% corner of the DNG file being a different color... despite being a raw file).
Nope.... There seems to be an issue that DJI is acknowledging, at least in my individual case. I've been in contact with DJI, sent them the files, and have spent the morning with DJI support trying to work through this as we have identified not being able to refresh the firmware. They have acknowledged that there is something wrong and trying to find a solution. To be fair, this is my unit's individual issue, though there are similar complaints regarding firmware issues on the DJI support forum. I also want to go on record that the problems I've encountered have been minor and love the upgrade from the MM1. I just can't afford to let time pass if there is a defect. The thing that is most concerning to me is that, even with the guidance of DJI support we cannot get it to refresh the firmware. It may have to go back for replacement. Stay tuned.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121