DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MauMau

Reactions

Still quite happy after switching from the Spark to the Mavic Air - here are some cinematic shots I also did with the Spark before but the Air's video quality is SO MUCH better. I really enjoy it.

Location info:
This is the Lech river near and inside the city of Augsburg, Bavaria (the hometown of the famous Fugger family). What is fascinating is that virtually all the places you see in the video are located in the middle of the city - even though they seem quite remote. They are located in a very large wooded area which the city was built around and through which the Lech river flows.

The Weir:
First mentioned in the year 1346 a.d. (but probably even earlier), the people of Augsburg dammed the mountain river Lech at the "Hoher Ablass" to drain water into the city. The "Hoher Ablass" was repeatedly destroyed by floods, during armed conflicts and by fire. After the flood disaster of 1910, the current reinforced concrete structure was built in 1911/12. The transverse structure was modified several times. More recently, the Augsburg municipal utilities integrated a hydroelectric power plant into the weir. The landmark of the high outlet is its bell tower. Two stone statues at the western end of the dam bridge testify to the importance of the river as a driving force for mill wheels and turbines as well as the importance of rafting, which was still important in 1912.

Nice scenery and variety. I like the corkscrew effect.

Use your gimbal tilt to more dramatic effect. Soften your drone’s gimbal controls close to the lowest settings. Tilt down as you pass over interesting subjects. Accompany a tilt down with increase in elevation (and vice versa) to help maintain axis with the center point of rotation. Try some shots in the beginning starting gimbal tilt lower then tilt up to reveal the broader landscape. Fly lower and practice gently following land forms with very light touch on left stick.

Thank you for sharing.

Use your gimbal tilt to more dramatic effect. Soften your drone’s gimbal controls close to the lowest settings. Tilt down as you pass over interesting subjects.

Unfortunately the gimbal wheel on the DJI controller isn't the best solution for smooth camera tilts because it often causes sudden movements when the fingers rub the controller. So it's easy to mess up a shot using the gimbal wheel too much. I'd prefer a switch as found on the Parrot Anafi controller.

I tried to use Active Track Spotlight mode to do this but this does not keep the locked object perfectly centered then. I whish there was a replacement for this awkward gimbal wheel :(

@MauMau Beautiful footage! Lovely smooth flying, interesting comment about the lever/switch on the Anafi Controller vs the wheel on the MA2 controller. I am coming to this as an interim use drone while my Anafi is repaired for a broken leg!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa