DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CineSticks to Help Smooth Stick Movement

CorralesDan

Reactions
I know that Augustine posted his opinion on the CineSticks from Scott Makes Stuff (CineSticks) back in August. I just received my pair from Australia and tried them out this morning with my Air 2S. I got them because I'm 76 and my hands/fingers have a little arthritis in them and it's difficult for me to get a continuous smooth flight. I am unable to keep a continuous speed in all my movements, especially ascending and descending and to get a smooth stop when I recenter the sticks. I made all the recommended adjustments on yaw, etc., but it was still an issue for me.

IMG_2236.jpg

Augustine was right about the RC Calibration warning but adjusting the pressure on the sticks took care of that. The flight went well and once I got used to the sticks, I didn't give them any thought. The whole idea is they dampen the movement of the sticks for you, especially when you recenter the sticks. Here's a short video from this morning's flight.

Seems he has a few different models which size did you get and would go smaller or bigger. ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain . Land on the Water.

I know that Augustine posted his opinion on the CineSticks from Scott Makes Stuff (CineSticks) back in August. I just received my pair from Australia and tried them out this morning with my Air 2S. I got them because I'm 76 and my hands/fingers have a little arthritis in them and it's difficult for me to get a continuous smooth flight. I am unable to keep a continuous speed in all my movements, especially ascending and descending and to get a smooth stop when I recenter the sticks. I made all the recommended adjustments on yaw, etc., but it was still an issue for me.

View attachment 140538

Augustine was right about the RC Calibration warning but adjusting the pressure on the sticks took care of that. The flight went well and once I got used to the sticks, I didn't give them any thought. The whole idea is they dampen the movement of the sticks for you, especially when you recenter the sticks. Here's a short video from this morning's flight.

Thanks for the review and the video. Something about seeing the Sandias always brings me home.

Reactions: CorralesDan
I was thinking that these would be great in the Winter Time with gloves as you would get a better feel for those sticks.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

@CorralesDan do you find that they interfere with access to the Fn and ModeSwap buttons?

I was thinking that these would be great in the Winter Time with gloves as you would get a better feel for those sticks.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
That's a good point. So far, I haven't needed gloves to fly, but that may change in a month or so.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
It looks like a tool that helps because your video looked good with smooth moves...thank you for sharing and Merry Christmas ... and a Happy and Safe New Year to you. Keep flying indeed....:)

Reactions: CorralesDan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS