DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Circling a Tall Structure

kashifs

Reactions
Standing on ground, how can I shoot a tall building (roughly 150ft high and 4000 sq. yards area)? I want to start circling in front of me and go upwards like spiral. Is there a technique or pattern to follow?

What model is your drone and what control app are you using? There are 3rd party apps that have the ability to do a spiral or matrix around a POI (Point Of Interest), either manually or in a programmed mode. Check out DroneLink, Litchi, Maven will work for you.

One thing to be aware of: What happens when your drone circles around the structure? Will it be out of VLOS (Visual Line of Sight) from the transmitter and lose the transmission signal and go into RTH (Return To Home) or will app allow the mission to continue autonomously with a signal loss?

Standing on ground, how can I shoot a tall building (roughly 150ft high and 4000 sq. yards area)? I want to start circling in front of me and go upwards like spiral. Is there a technique or pattern to follow?
Fly it... Set up a typical poi. Hold a small amount of up elevator. Point the gimbal down as needed.

Reactions: MA2 317
What model is your drone and what control app are you using? There are 3rd party apps that have the ability to do a spiral or matrix around a POI (Point Of Interest), either manually or in a programmed mode. Check out DroneLink, Litchi, Maven will work for you.

One thing to be aware of: What happens when your drone circles around the structure? Will it be out of VLOS (Visual Line of Sight) from the transmitter and lose the transmission signal and go into RTH (Return To Home) or will app allow the mission to continue autonomously with a signal loss?
Mini 2 with DJI Fly App 1.3
I wasn't aware that there are other apps as well which can control the flights!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000