DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Clarksville, TN

downtown0309

Reactions
Plan on getting a Mavic Mini soon for my son and I. I'm trying to figure out the restricted areas around here because of Ft Campbell. What is a good site to check that on? I'm new to this. If I can't fly at my house, that's a deal breaker.

Plan on getting a Mavic Mini soon for my son and I. I'm trying to figure out the restricted areas around here because of Ft Campbell. What is a good site to check that on? I'm new to this. If I can't fly at my house, that's a deal breaker.
Download AirMap. That will do it... free as I remember. Or go to FAA website and download your sections chart if you can read one.

Lucky boy! Great Dad!

I live in the area I drew a red circle around. What is this light blue shade mean. The DJI map doesn't have this. Sorry, I'm new to this.

7E7Il3z.png

Nothing happens on the map. I zoomed in to street level. It's just all blue. On the DJI map there's nothing in my area.

Nothing happens on the map. I zoomed in to street level. It's just all blue. On the DJI map there's nothing in my area.
I don’t have the info you want... I’d contact FAA via their DroneZone site.
more check this out.https://www.faa.gov/uas/recreational_fliers/where_can_i_fly/airspace_restrictions/

I don’t have the info you want... I’d contact FAA via their DroneZone site.
more check this out.https://www.faa.gov/uas/recreational_fliers/where_can_i_fly/airspace_restrictions/

If you can read Sectionals goto skyvector.com

From what I could find out. It is restricted to low flight. With and airfield 2.5 mile out you would probably need laanc.

Last edited:
It looks like the area is Class D airspace. You should be able to get approval thru a LAANC provider like AirMap or Kitty Hawk

I tried to look your area up on Airmap- zip code 37207- It says "Talbot's Corner." Looks like you are just northwest of the restricted zone but not in it.

I think I'm starting to figure this out. I'll have to use the Airmap before I fly to get authorization. That's good because I was gonna throw in the towel before I buy the drone

Reactions: Johnsrog
I think I'm starting to figure this out. I'll have to use the Airmap before I fly to get authorization. That's good because I was gonna throw in the towel before I buy the drone
I plugged your zip code into Airmap and got these two images.Your right on the edge and it states, special use airspace. Ft Campbell. Now you've got to figure out what the blue means
Hope this helps

Attachments

• IMG_2189.jpg
    IMG_2189.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2190.jpg
    IMG_2190.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 6
I live in Woodlawn about 2 miles off of highway 79 (to Dover). The charts show I am outside the restricted area for the SABRE Heliport and the base HOWEVER, I get NFZ whenever I try to launch my Mavic 2 Zoom. I have been thinking about going to the FAA for a waiver but need to get the exact coordinates for my farm first. I really hope I can get the waiver because I want to use the drone on the farm to keep track of cattle, deer and maybe even find out where these **** Coyotes have their den. Really not sure how to proceed but I would guess most of Clarksville on the Fort Campbell side would have the same problem.

I live in Woodlawn about 2 miles off of highway 79 (to Dover). The charts show I am outside the restricted area for the SABRE Heliport and the base HOWEVER, I get NFZ whenever I try to launch my Mavic 2 Zoom. I have been thinking about going to the FAA for a waiver but need to get the exact coordinates for my farm first. I really hope I can get the waiver because I want to use the drone on the farm to keep track of cattle, deer and maybe even find out where these **** Coyotes have their den. Really not sure how to proceed but I would guess most of Clarksville on the Fort Campbell side would have the same problem.
Google maps show you are quite near the 101st Airborne Airfield runway! Yikes!!! There is plenty of rural open space there. I tried but could n't white figure out how to get coordinates from the Google maps. Sorry I cannot help.

Coordinates for the farm are 36 degrees 29 minutes 36.21N 87degrees 34 minutes 06.38W
For FAA they will want lat. and long. For all boundaries. i.e. each side for a min of 4. They are very helpful in locating theses for you if the area is otherwise defined, like by roads for instance. Plus FAA can give you clearance for 2 years. I have one for my 2 mile square practice area that does encompass edges of NFZs for 2 airports... one local and one regional.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya