DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Clear Casing Mavic Mini - Very Interesting Mod

Reactions
I just recently watched this video from youtube and I thought it was cool!

And now that making new cases is possible, what do you guys think of the possibility of finding the best thermoset plastic that is stronger and lighter than the origibal case??

What do you guys think?

There's a lot of things to be optimistic about this!

1.) You can essentially have unlimited casings for your drone, so you wont even ever have to worry breaking it.
2.) You can get longer flight times due to lower weight of casings
3.) Knowing that this could be done, it opens up a new world for modders!

Here's a link of about a modded frame:

Some of the pros of the mod above can be attributed to any frame/casing mod.

I just recently watched this video from youtube and I thought it was cool!

And now that making new cases is possible, what do you guys think of the possibility of finding the best thermoset plastic that is stronger and lighter than the origibal case??

What do you guys think?
This is sweet. I love it

That must have taken a lot of time to do!! Kind of the opposite of getting a hi-vis colour wrap ?

It could lead to internal lighting with no exterior attachments creating high visibility, especially at dawn or sunset. Kind of a “glow in the dark” full body illumination.

I personally didn't care too much for this case until I read your post. I like the idea of internal lighting, especially towards the end of the day.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
loved the video and the expertise that was involved to make it along with the really splendid narration. Poor kingman You're the man! but..I really don't care for see through electronics.
I'll subscribe to your channel for sure

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Nice mod with lots of potential. If they become ready made commercially I might consider one, but at the age of 66 I don't know if I have enough time left on this planet to actually start and finish making my own ?

loved the video and the expertise that was involved to make it along with the really splendid narration. Poor kingman You're the man! but..I really don't care for see through electronics.
I'll subscribe to your channel for sure
Thanks for your encouraging comments, however I'd lile to disclose that I'm not the guy in that video lol. Many people seem to assume I was yhat guy - I live in Canada and that dude is somewhere in asia...

Reactions: ff22