DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Clicking Sound In Flight

MikeMacFly

Reactions
Like an idiot, I wanted to try some cool aftermarket low noise propellers... I'm sure they were louder. Then I started to notice a clicking sound while in flight. Never wile hovering, 90% when coming down from Heights but sometimes when flying forward as well.

I've searched and can only seem to find one other guy who had a clicking sound on his MA but his was caused by a crash and there was hardware damage after further inspection.

I tried putting the original OEM props back on and still getting the random clicking.

Anyone have any ideas??

Cheers

props hitting the drone body? it's easy to put the screws in at an angle (cross threaded) which would make it more likely that the props hit the drone.

those little screws are very difficult to fit correctly, and you can think they are in correctly but there not, the best way to check is to have the drone at eye level and make sure that both the props on one motor, are both tracking at the same height as they spin, i would only use oem props, what i find that helps is when you change them get the new screw, with the thread lock on
and just just turn it in a couple of turns to start the thread ,then remove it and put it through the prop and then try to get it to start off again ,it should turn with very little resistance to start with, after you have finished check the tracking again and if the 4 motors are all tracking correctly then the clicking should be gone hope that made sense

Ok so it's definitely props hitting the body somewhere, I just broke a tip off a prop at 400ft and spun to the ground. Found it 600ft away in a tree.

Now the thing is, I can't see at all if the props are off. When I fly at eye level everything looks good. I fly for a few min and then the clicking starts and when I come down there is a loose screw or two.

I think I need new OEM props and screws.

Last edited:
Another day of testing and it is 100% the screws. The OEM ones have lost thier threadlocks and the aftermarket ones have no thread locks. So the props, DJI or Aftermarket are coming loose and smacking the body. Several props have rough tips. New OEM screws on the way.

How do I know if the screws were well placed? because I recently changed my propellers and it cost me too much to screw in the propellers but I think they looked good, in flight I didn't see any problems or at least that's what I saw.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato