DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Close call bird strike

kmaluo

Reactions
I staring ascending pretty late, was just staring at my screen not realizing they could take down my Mavic! The main bird almost looks fake.

I staring ascending pretty late, was just staring at my screen not realizing they could take down my Mavic! The main bird almost looks fake.

Birds can be incredibly aggressive and territorial - try putting which viz tape on a couple of the arms (Orange seems best).
For some reason this seems to deter the birds as they see the UAV as 'Man Made' and not a threat.

Reactions: kmaluo
Already seeing bird strike close call videos and most of us dont even have our man made birds yet. You good sir are way ahead of the curve!

I bet you were like, "WFT!!!!!!" :eek::mad:

At least you were still over land. I flew out to rabbit island (Manana) and a few birds flew in front of my P3P as I was flying back to shore....and at that time it was still around rabbit island and over water :eek::(

Reactions: kmaluo
Very interesting, I can't see the bird exactly, but I guess it's a wader. Should normally not try to attack as they are not aggressive and they like flying with others in flocks, but you'll never know ;-)

Gesendet von meinem E5823 mit Tapatalk

I think those birds were Koleas. Golden Plovers.

The Mavic is pretty similar in size and color. I wonder if they were being territorial. I hate to do it, but I may have to put a loud color on there if it continues. I definitely feel like the Mavic attracts more birds than my P3.

I'm not familiar with this species, but outside the breeding season Plovers don't behave territorially :)

Gesendet von meinem E5823 mit Tapatalk

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS