DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Close call under bridge

Reactions
I've read a bit on this forum on flying the mavic under a bridge before i thought I'd give it a try.
I chose not to disable the downwards sensors, because if I understand it correctly the risk of leaving it on is when you keep pushing the drone down at a higher altitude and the sensors mistakenly think you are close to the ground, so it starts to land.
I'm not sure if it's the sensor that save me here, but I'm sure it was a pretty close call. What do you think, pure luck it didn't take a dive?

Reactions: Pathogen
You must be a lucky SoaB! What were you doing with the sticks at the time?

You should have read more of this forum to see how many other accidents happened when flying under metallic structures ;)

You must be a lucky SoaB! What were you doing with the sticks at the time?
I was standing on top of the bridge, looking down. About half way through I could see the mavic underneath me, and I had the impression it was flying close to the "roof" so i decided to gently push it down a bit.
When it came out on the other side of the bridge I could see it was pretty close to the water so I could push it up again, but I'm not sure if it was the Mavic itself that stopped descending or if it was me that caused it.
Anyway, happy to have survived that one. :)

You should have read more of this forum to see how many other accidents happened when flying under metallic structures ;)
I did read a bit on the forum about flying under bridges, possible loss of GPS signal and everything. But it never lost GPS signal, I think the bridge is not "closed" enough for that.
Anyway, I learned that if I want to fly close above the water again to ALWAYS have a position where you can actually estimate the altitude. From where I was standing (on top of the bridge) this was very difficult.

Reactions: Capra Vecinului
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada