DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Close Call

Dang that was close!! haha.... I had a black vulture swoop down and appear to take a look at my Mavic Air a few days ago, it flew in pretty close as if wondering what the drone was before flying away. Anytime I see them in the sky I am a little nervous now of them coming a little too close.

Man I hate when that happens !! I did a video of the SS United States a few weeks ago and saw birds on the CS monitor while in the air. But when I got back home and reviewed the video I believe I dodged a bullet. Here's the video link. It starts around 0:40

Man I hate when that happens !! I did a video of the SS United States a few weeks ago and saw birds on the CS monitor while in the air. But when I got back home and reviewed the video I believe I dodged a bullet. Here's the video link. It starts around 0:40

My flying ground, well I can’t really say that... is over water. I’ve started flying a lot at dusk/dawn when our flying friends are more active. I’ve had some close call tooooo.

Nice vid by the way;)

With birds in the air prop guards would be a good way of at least protecting the propellers and minimising any damage if there is a hit.

Porky, I think it was curiosity that instinctively drew the pigeons close to the drone. My Air is Arctic White, so perhaps they were just investigating thinking it might be another pigeon. Typical pigeon behaviour but too close for comfort.

Porky, I think it was curiosity that instinctively drew the pigeons close to the drone. My Air is Arctic White, so perhaps they were just investigating thinking it might be another pigeon. Typical pigeon behaviour but too close for comfort.

Yeah your more than likely right but it’s still a bloody pain though. We’ve got loads of pigeons here where I live, when in a group you know it.... can you imagine being caught up with Starling at dusko_O now they do look spectacular;)

Nice video! My parents and I sailed on the SS United States from NYC to Le Havre, FR back in the fall of 1967. That ship still holds the trans Atlantic crossing speed record. It's a shame to see her rusting in Philly.

Last edited:
Reactions: owg666
Right, I’ve just taken the wife to work, have to drop her off at the train station. While travelling there by car we came across a very “macho” tough pigeon crossing the road, he looked at us with these thoughts “come on then run me over” bloody thing wouldn’t move? now that was one pigeon, what would it have been like with a group of them, we’d got mugged?

That’s the same thing in the air, looking for trouble. What’s the saying.. “youth of today” well it’s definitely “pigeon of today”

See these pigeons beating up an old lady??

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Very close to PHL! How did you get permission?

Not really. Only restriction is near the WWB. Height restricted to 197Ft. Flight path. The large blue area is the TFR for Phillies games. I flew two weeks ago. Past the bridge the height goes back up to 400 Ft.

5af5ddba0f018eff2f32c6e952898012.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929