DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CLOSED - Will there be different versions of Mavic Air 2 similar to Mavic Mini?

moosic

Reactions
Hello everyone,

Back when Mavic Mini was launched, there were 2 models sold, Model MT1SS5 and Model MT1SD25. US customers recieved the MT1SS5 model which have longer range and APAC customers got the MT1SD25, shorter range.

Model MT1SS5: 5.725-5.850 GHz
Model MT1SD25: 2.400-2.4835 GHz, 5.725-5.850 GHz

Do you guys think there will be different models sold for the Mavic Air 2?

The Mavic Air 2 have OcuSync 2.0 just like the Mavic 2 Pro / Mavic 2 Zoom, so I'm under the assumption that it should cover FCC and CE, there should be difference in hardware.

Reason I'm asking is because I am based in Singapore, bought the Mavic Mini and sold it due to the range. Later bought a used Mavic Pro Platinum, but now tempted to get the Mavic Air 2.

Thank you.

Hello everyone,

Back when Mavic Mini was launched, there were 2 models sold, Model MT1SS5 and Model MT1SD25. US customers recieved the MT1SS5 model which have longer range and APAC customers got the MT1SD25, shorter range.

The Mavic Air 2 have OcuSync 2.0 just like the Mavic 2 Pro / Mavic 2 Zoom, so I'm under the assumption that it should cover FCC and CE, there should be difference in hardware.

Reason I'm asking is because I am based in Singapore, bought the Mavic Mini and sold it due to the range. Later bought a used Mavic Pro Platinum, but now tempted to get the Mavic Air 2.

Thank you.
Yes, if you look at the specs on the DJI site, you'll see the range differences for FCC and CE. FCC for the USA and CE for Europe & other countries (like Australia). FCC has the longer range.

Hello everyone,

Thank you.

Thank you for the information GadgetGuy.

I actually create this thread before gb160. Let me see if I can close this one since it's been responded to.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Thank you for the information GadgetGuy.

I actually create this thread before gb160. Let me see if I can close this one since it's been responded to.
No problem. I initially thought you were him, creating yet another thread with the same question. Working my way backwards through all the new posts today, instead of chronologically.You win for being first! ?

No problem. I initially thought you were him, creating yet another thread with the same question. Working my way backwards through all the new posts today, instead of chronologically.You win for being first! ?

It's all good, sharing is caring. I bugged DJI support about it a few times and they told me they'll get back to me.

Cheers.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929