DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Closing In On 300 Charges mm1

-MavicMiniPilot

Reactions
I have a set of 3 mavic mini batteries that are close to 300 charges. How can I tell when they will not be safe or reliable when flying? None of them are puffing or are damaged. The average flight times are around 20 mins.

The Mini batteries are Li-ion technology, not Li-Po like the Mini 2, SE and now Mini 3, which is the main reason I have not upgraded yet. Li-ion is what is used in cellphones, laptops, cameras and almost everything you would not like to explode/swell/quick self discharge or self-desruct in your back pocket. I have various Li-ion camera batteries and a tablet battery that is 10 years and older and had been charged and discharged more than a thousand times. They eventually lose capacity but I have not had a single one swelling or exploding or self destruct. If you are still averaging 20 mins flight time on your Mini batteries then there's no reason to worry. Li-ion in my experience gradually deteriorate until they become unuseable, they do not swell/explode or become unstable.

Reactions: -MavicMiniPilot
The Mini batteries are Li-ion technology, not Li-Po like the Mini 2, SE and now Mini 3, which is the main reason I have not upgraded yet. Li-ion is what is used in cellphones, laptops, cameras and almost everything you would not like to explode/swell/quick self discharge or self-desruct in your back pocket. I have various Li-ion camera batteries and a tablet battery that is 10 years and older and had been charged and discharged more than a thousand times. They eventually lose capacity but I have not had a single one swelling or exploding or self destruct. If you are still averaging 20 mins flight time on your Mini batteries then there's no reason to worry. Li-ion in my experience gradually deteriorate until they become unuseable, they do not swell/explode or become unstable.
Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!

Reactions: Mynah
In fact, I believe they have 2 18650 batteries inside. Just keep using it until they do not work anymore LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: -MavicMiniPilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7