DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Code error 0x4000000

Dejongdude38

Reactions
Can someone please help me with this issue? It is not displaying the video feed or other info. I can still fly the drone with the controller, just can't take pictures, video, or anything because of this error. This error is on the Mavic Pro Platinum. I am a first-time flyer and need all the help I can get! It says the code error is 0x4000000
Haven't been able to do a lot of testing because it is 10 at night here. Love the support this community gives!

I just received my Mavic Pro Platinum today and I'm also getting Air Encoder Error (0x4000000). DJI Support made no effort to troubleshoot the problem and simply instructed me to ship it back to them for repair. I'm hesitant to do that right now because I'm not certain whether this is a hardware malfunction or not. The error is only reported after upgrading the firmware to 01.04.0000.

Not impressed with DJI or this drone right now.

Does the platinum have a air speed sensor built it?
From reading other posts after searching that error I find it has something to do with the update via the phone. One fellow said his Android did not pick it up but when he used an iPad it updated fine and the drone was then ok. Actually two people mentioned that fix. One said the problem was that he didn't plug in the phone. Hope this helps. Don't give up. Often it is just one little thing that fixes software issues.

Another owner said his problem was solved by removing and replacing the SD card, that his higher capacity new card was the culprit. He put the original back in and was flying again.

From reading other posts after searching that error I find it has something to do with the update via the phone. One fellow said his Android did not pick it up but when he used an iPad it updated fine and the drone was then ok. Actually two people mentioned that fix. One said the problem was that he didn't plug in the phone. Hope this helps. Don't give up. Often it is just one little thing that fixes software issues.

Thanks. I've already tried upgrading, downgrading, restoring factory defaults, swapping SD cards, and connecting to different smartphones.

C7757A6D-4AC1-4C39-A589-9E1B7A45079E.png Just got my MPP in today and having the same error code problem. Brand new never flown and having a problem. Now what?

I was ready to place my order for the MPP but guess it's time to sit back and be a little more patient. Dang it . . .

I hope you solve it, friends. Does anyone have an MPP WITHOUT this problem?
They have not sent mine yet, but I'm afraid ...

Can someone please help me with this issue? It is not displaying the video feed or other info. I can still fly the drone with the controller, just can't take pictures, video, or anything because of this error. This error is on the Mavic Pro Platinum. I am a first-time flyer and need all the help I can get! It says the code error is 0x4000000
Haven't been able to do a lot of testing because it is 10 at night here. Love the support this community gives!
Does your controller still show telemetry? If so then it sounds as though the issue is software and not firmware. Another thing is that LOS can still report telemetry with no video for a short period so you could be having issues with Occu Sync, try flying WiFi via smartphone and see if you regain video. I’m still waiting for my MPP so hopefully we can figure out a fix soon.

Update my MPP using and Android phone, Note 8. Update went smoothly, went on a short flight yesterday. No issues.

So, from my update, the problem does not appear to be Android.

I connected my phone via USB port. I am curious if changing the input port to the remote might make a difference.

I'll take a longer flight this afternoon. Any issues and I'll update.

Reactions: BigAl07
I am using an iPhone on iOS 11.03. I tried connecting my phone through the USB and it worked. It connected and had no errors for one flight. But when I get home I will investigate more. So if you were having problems like me unplug the micro USB cable and trying using the USB.

Reactions: BigAl07
I am using an iPhone on iOS 11.03. I tried connecting my phone through the USB and it worked. It connected and had no errors for one flight. But when I get home I will investigate more. So if you were having problems like me unplug the micro USB cable and trying using the USB.

I've already tried that.

You likely have two issues - faulty micro-USB port and the Air Encoder Error.

I've already tried that.

You likely have two issues - faulty micro-USB port and the Air Encoder Error.

I'm not certain how or why you make that comment.

I understand you have tried to different cards.

The error is a video display/read error. It is typically seen with a failure to have new or updated CODECS files. Or, it is a read/write error and could be related to the card.

Please post what type of card and speed classification.

Please confirm you are using the included micro USB micro USB connection and not an aftermarket connector.

Please post what is the phone/display system.

Post your video system, (phone etc.) OS, and connection mode.

There is insufficient information to figure out the issue.

I too have the exact same error message (Air Encoder Error) on my new MPP.
I have not flown it.
I initially used the iPhone 7+. I have tried DownGrade/Upgrade using Assistant 2.
I have the original memory card, but also used the 64G card as well from DJI.
I have formatted both cards using the Go 4 app, and formatting using Windows computer.
I have tried with and without the memory card installed.
I have tried with iPhone 7+, and a cellular iPad Pro via usb. (current iOS 11.0.3)
I have tried different batteries.
I have taken a few photos and video's as a test. I didn't get any errors while doing this. I was able to review the pictures/videos taken. I am new, but it appears to work in this regard.
I think I tried everything.

The only "Unusual" thing that occurred I would like to share is that when I tried to downgrade/upgrade the controller,
my new Mac Book Pro called out an error:
"USB Accessories Disabled. Unplug the accessory using too much power to re-enable USB devices"

Well, that's is strange! I am following the instructions.
Anyway, I unplugged the controller from my Mac Computer, and plugged it into a windows computer, and did the downgrade/upgrade to the controller.

I still have the error: Air Encoder Error (0x4000000)

They delayed shipping by almost a month. One would think there would be no issues.
Now I have to make a decision. I want to return it since it hasn't flown.
At least I am not alone.

Last edited:
I'm not certain how or why you make that comment.

I understand you have tried to different cards.

The error is a video display/read error. It is typically seen with a failure to have new or updated CODECS files. Or, it is a read/write error and could be related to the card.

Please post what type of card and speed classification.

Please confirm you are using the included micro USB micro USB connection and not an aftermarket connector.

Please post what is the phone/display system.

Post your video system, (phone etc.) OS, and connection mode.

There is insufficient information to figure out the issue.

I make that comment based on my own extensive troubleshooting and feedback from DJI Support. There are no instances of Air Encoder Error (0x4000000) being reported prior to the release of the Mavic Pro Platinum. This is almost definitely not a problem that can be corrected by the end user. In all likelihood, it's going to require a firmware update or a hardware repair.

I agree it might be a firmware issue.

It would be helpful if I knew the OS people were using.

I use Android, Nougat,

Although there anecdotal reports of issues with Android, the postings here seem to be centered on issues with iOS.

If people posting issues would post the OS, it might be of use in sorting this out.

So, if you have the error code, please post your OS and what device you use for display.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC