DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cold weather Mavic 2 Pro

Yukoner

Reactions
What is the coldest temperature people have flown Mavic 2 Pro . I have many hrs of -20 to -25 never flew long at a time or too far away but I have done it lots. I live in the Yukon and today we have snow in the surrounding low mountains ,

I've only had the M2P 3 weeks so I'm ALSO interested to hear people's coldest temps and if it acts the same as other DJI drones in low temps. I've had really good experiences with the Spark, MA, and MPP as long as you keep the batteries warm before the flight.

Here are some of the drones and temps I've experienced in Minnesota.

Mavic Pro Platinum
-46 Wind Chill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJpBxhJO6Mc

Spark
-29 Wind Chill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw68Nb0bmAU

EDIT: The biggest problem I had at -46 wind chill was the iPad Mini stopped working.

What is the coldest temperature people have flown Mavic 2 Pro . I have many hrs of -20 to -25 never flew long at a time or too far away but I have done it lots. I live in the Yukon and today we have snow in the surrounding low mountains ,
Not sure but I live in Minneapolis and I fly all the time when it’s around 14° never any problems except one battery puffed up

Reactions: BingErr
According to the manual, the operating temperature range:
Aircraft and Camera: -10ºC to 40ºC / 14ºF to 104ºF
Smart Battery: 5ºC to 40ºC / 41ºF to 104ºF
RC control: 0ºC to 40ºC / 32ºF to 104ºF
If the temperature is too low, an alert message will appear on the RC control: "BAT TEMP LO" ...
In this case, it is recommended to "arm" / start engines and wait for the entire system (aircraft, battery, control, etc.) to take a temperature to take off ...

Not sure but I live in Minneapolis and I fly all the time when it’s around 14° never any problems except one battery puffed up
Jet Ski, you think the cold weather caused the battery to puff up? Just wondering cause I've seen lots of pics of Mavic 2 batteries all puffed up but I hadn't heard it was related to cold weather.

Jet Ski, you think the cold weather caused the battery to puff up? Just wondering cause I've seen lots of pics of Mavic 2 batteries all puffed up but I hadn't heard it was related to cold weather.
It probably was the cause because you’re supposed to arm the drone and let it idle for a minute and I never did because I was too lazy so that could’ve been the cause

It probably was the cause because you’re supposed to arm the drone and let it idle for a minute and I never did because I was too lazy so that could’ve been the cause
ok, good info. I wouldn't want to do that to my Mavic 2 battery and see $159 go down the drain.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S