DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cold weather, warm hands?

WEOTN

Reactions
I only found threads for keeping batteries warm in the cold, but not so much hands! I bumped into the video <
> from a fellow Minnesotan and think this is a really good idea! So I searched online and found this <hot shot men's "Textpac" hand muff - Bing images>

I hope the links work. This one has a window that if roomy enough might see the controls well. A couple hand warmers inside ought to keep the controller, AND HANDS! warm for winter flying. I got my Mavic too late for cold season, but I want to be prepared.

So, has anyone seen or tried this item or concept? How has it worked for you? I'm particularly wondering how roomy it is. Also the covering flap has magnets inside to hold it closed. Would the magnets mess with the controller or iPhone? I suppose they could be snipped out. and I'm curious if the flap might be propped up as a sun screen?

I think I'll get one and try. I'll report back if I do.

Hope to hear good reports.

WEOTN

Reactions: BillinAnchorage

Ive used them in the dead of winter when I was living in a cold climate, and they are wonderful. Keep your hands warm, you dont have to wear gloves, and you can see the controller. I would use it in any temps below 40 when my hands would start to hurt, especially if its windy out.

I have used the Turnigy muff with racing quads in cold weather. Anything helps when its super fly and you have to fly! I use it in conjunction with fingerless cycling gloves.

But Ive found with the Mavic I dont need super fine motor skills so I use full finger gloves. Specifically the thin North Face ones that are smart phone compatible.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143