DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Collision Sensor Issue

spamgnome

Reactions
I've been having an issue with my Air 2 for quite a while and wanted to get some feedback on what might be causing it. More often than not, I'm getting a proximity warning (audible and on-screen) that sometimes prevents the drone from flying backwards. Big bummer if I'm filming a reverse dolly! I've tried cleaning the sensors, but that doesn't seem to help at all. I *think* that the sun might somehow be interfering, but that's inconclusive. Help?

If it happens, switch to sport so they don't work. Just be more careful when you do.

Yes, that's a solution for just getting it to move, but one can't do real estate in Sport mode, not to mention the distractions on the screen

Yes, for sure, but would really like to get to the root cause.
A low, bright sun is a common cause of false OA alarms.
It should be easy to confirm if this is the issue next time you experience it.
Try flying in a different direction and see if you still have the problem.

Reactions: kidroc
A low, bright sun is a common cause of false OA alarms.
It should be easy to confirm if this is the issue next time you experience it.
Try flying in a different direction and see if you still have the problem.
I thought that was the issue, but the other day it happened on an overcast day. Very frustrating

I thought that was the issue, but the other day it happened on an overcast day. Very frustrating
Maybe try to calibrate the sensors using the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic program on PC/Mac.

This is a video I found on YouTube that explains well how to do it, this one is for Mavic 2, but it will be (more or less) the same for Mavic Air 2.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Maybe try to calibrate the sensors using the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic program on PC/Mac.

This is a video I found on YouTube that explains well how to do it, this one is for Mavic 2, but it will be (more or less) the same for Mavic Air 2.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Excellent idea! Not sure why that hadn't occurred to me. Of course when I flew today, the issue didn't occur. LOL

Reactions: Yaros
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ws848