DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Collision warning mid air - MA2 refused to fly further on

• Thread starter Deleted member 126802
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 126802

Two week ago, I flew my MA2 about 100 meters above ground, when suddenly the collision warning beep sound occurred. The drone stopped mid-air and wouldn't fly forward or backward anymore.
On my smartphone I noticed a continuous red line at the top and bottom.

I know, that when my MA2 is seeing an obstacle, there are shorter or longer orange lines, but this line was red and went from left to right on the whole screen (top and bottom)
First I thought, maybe the sun was irritating the collision sensors.

After about 10 seconds, somehow I could turn my MA2 and fly on, but this happend a second and third time. Even on the next day out flying. There were no birds in the air.
Since a few days this does not happen any more.

Did someone else notice this strange behaviour?

It's most likely the collision sensors, did you try turning them off (or simply switching into Sport mode)? I noticed that red line when it's very close to obstacles (way closer than it would go on its own), like when it's descending and ending up just 0.5m from a wall, the front or rear sensors will light up red. In your case, I'm guessing it was the sun messing with it, next time just flip it into Sport mode or disable sensors from the Safety menu.

Two week ago, I flew my MA2 about 100 meters above ground, when suddenly the collision warning beep sound occurred. The drone stopped mid-air and wouldn't fly forward or backward anymore.
On my smartphone I noticed a continuous red line at the top and bottom.

I know, that when my MA2 is seeing an obstacle, there are shorter or longer orange lines, but this line was red and went from left to right on the whole screen (top and bottom)
First I thought, maybe the sun was irritating the collision sensors.

After about 10 seconds, somehow I could turn my MA2 and fly on, but this happend a second and third time. Even on the next day out flying. There were no birds in the air.
Since a few days this does not happen any more.

Did someone else notice this strange behaviour?
It was most probably sun glare that triggered the sensors; happens with some regularity on my MA1. Switch to Sport mode and all is well, then turn the aircraft so that it's not facing directly toward or away from the sun.

This situation crops up more frequently in the "golden hours" near sunrise or sunset, and in the winter months, when the sun is lower in the sky.

Mine has done that when there is a bit of fog in the air. Stops dead

I was thinking fog as I have had that a lot with my M2P. Fog can be very very bad.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929