DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Color and style settings for no post?

magnil

Reactions
Realize that I suck on post color grading. What would be good settings for color and style if you do not want to do anyting in post?

It's probably still best on -1 -1 -1 and None or cinelike if you want a natural look with minimal artefacts.
Or all on default and None if you want a stronger look.
For a more 'graded' look at least a couple of the presets are not bad.
Trouble is you can spent half your time tinkering about then wish you used a neutral look later.

I was always pleased for the most part with the stock color from my Phantom 3 Pro.
Usually I had it set to None and would tap the screen to set the exposure on the subject, if needed.
Not having the time for post editing, I was hoping for the same results in the Mavic. Not finding that to be the case,
I did some comparison testing last week (using GO 4.0.2) and trying out different colorizations and also varying the exposure.
All photos were taken in a hover about 200 ft and in four cardinal directions on a cloudy day to account for variations in the direction of the low Winter sun.
Colorization compared: None, D-Cinelike, Truecolor and Film H
Exposures: 0.0, -0.3, -0.7, and -1.0
Directions N, E, S, W

(Very) Subjective Results:
For colorization I found I liked: None, Truecolor and D-Cinelike. Film H was just too blueish.
D-Cinelike had good detail, but in general was more pale or grayish. (Remember, the idea is for no post editing).

For Exposure, in all cases using 0.0 Exposure with the Mavic seemed to bright compared to the same setting in the Phantom 3 Pro.
Reducing the Exposure slightly and choosing either None or Truecolor seem the most pleasing color to my eye.

To be specific for that day and subject in the 64 or so photos taken, I consistently found I liked the best:
None, Exposure: -0.3
Truecolor, Exposure: -0.3
D-Cinelike, Exposure: -0.7

Hope that provides something useful to test for yourself.

Reactions: Dmbrody
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crumple