DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Color Coded Props

lowkeyfilms

Reactions
I have a new Platinum.

It came with a total of 10 propellers. Six propellers have silver tips. Four props have gold tips.

Moving on to the color markings that are on the base of the props that connect to the motors...the props that are black (or without a color code) there are six total. Three of them are silver tips and two are gold tips. Three silver tip props have the white circle code on the connecting area.

The remaining two gold tipped props have a GOLD color code at the connecting port. What motors can these gold coded props go? I thought all props were to be coded either black or white?

I have a new Platinum.

It came with a total of 10 propellers. Six propellers have silver tips. Four props have gold tips.

Moving on to the color markings that are on the base of the props that connect to the motors...the props that are black (or without a color code) there are six total. Three of them are silver tips and two are gold tips. Three silver tip props have the white circle code on the connecting area.

The remaining two gold tipped props have a GOLD color code at the connecting port. What motors can these gold coded props go? I thought all props were to be coded either black or white?
Howdy from Wyoming @lowkeyfilms , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. They gold centered props probably go on the white hubs, you can tell by trying to put them on, they will only fit one way.

The props marked with a circle should be installed on the motors that are marked. It's okay to mix the gold/silver props.

Here's some more information from the Mavic manual:

upload_2018-3-10_15-58-15.png

The colour of the tips doesn't matter - they're the same props, just different colour. You may want to stick to a full set of gold or silver for aesthetic purposes.

The markings at the center of the prop are important, however. Ones with the white/gold circle will match the drones motors with 3 white marks. Plain black props match the plain black motors.

Take another look at the manual.

Without damage (impact, scratching, cracks), simply keep an eye on them.

The only points of weakness are the hinges and locking tabs. As long as they're still sound, and the hinges are not loose, keep using them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu