DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Color Critique Wanted

russpury

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I'm trying the D-Cini color space and the attendant color correction and grading. I've used it in these clips and I'd like comments on the colors. This is February in Georgia so colors are muted. I also have limited color vision so I'm depending heavily on the graphs and scales in FCPX to adjust them. Thianks for your comments.

Reactions: Jug's Life
Hey Russ. I have the same color vision issue. A member here provided a short video of using x-rite checker. I ended up buying the "X-Rite ColorChecker Passport Video" but haven't used it yet since it's so windy lately. It's a bit expensive at $150 but if it works for me I'm all in.
Here is his thread and video.

And here is a video on how to use the one I bought in Davinci Resolve (not my video).

Last edited:
I actually watched that video a while back, and it.is a bit pricey, but no doubt worth it.

Reactions: Tufargon
I'm trying the D-Cini color space and the attendant color correction and grading. I've used it in these clips and I'd like comments on the colors. This is February in Georgia so colors are muted. I also have limited color vision so I'm depending heavily on the graphs and scales in FCPX to adjust them. Thianks for your comments.
It does look very muted colour saturation wise but the last clip looks way more natural. Was the last clip graded the same or did you give that one more treatment?

Reactions: russpury
It does look very muted colour saturation wise but the last clip looks way more natural. Was the last clip graded the same or did you give that one more treatment?
Thanks. I did adjust the last clip differently from the rest. I’ll go back and check where that on is in the graphs.

It's hard to tell if this is the true color. Everything is mono tonal due to the winter. It seemed a bit on the warm side to me. I did enjoy watching the fish jump out of the water at 1:21.I'd throw a line in that spot.

Dale
Miami

The first half indeed lacks a bit of contrast and perhaps saturation, it seems to me there are patches of sky reflected in the water with just a hint of blue very muted, also whatever vegetation there is seems lacking green. The second part looks just fine. Would be love to grade a short clip it if you happen to be able to post the raw footage someplace for download, if that would help you in any way, perhaps you could then compare it in your editing software histogram. Is that from Mini 3 pro ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair