DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Combining drone footage with history! A good idea?

I have made some drone videos where I spice my drone footage with some historic facts from the area. Is it interesting to watch and a good combination? Be honest :)

This is a very good idea. Thank you for sharing informative historical event combine with a skillful filming.

Reactions: VegardBerland
I’m a WW II history buff, it made the video more interesting to watch with the historic caption. Well done.

Thank you! Good to hear that it's more interesting :) These videos are also fun to make and I learn something along the way :)

I enjoyed “the tour” and and your skills at flying and editing. A suggestion to help a viewer like me. It wasn’t until the video referenced Bergin that I was sure this was Norway. Then the costal defense emplacements etc fell into context for me. Not critical but helpful to this California viewer. Well done and thank you.

I enjoyed “the tour” and and your skills at flying and editing. A suggestion to help a viewer like me. It wasn’t until the video referenced Bergin that I was sure this was Norway. Then the costal defense emplacements etc fell into context for me. Not critical but helpful to this California viewer. Well done and thank you.

Thank you for the feedback! Wasn't thinking of that, but that makes sense. I'll make sure to add the country as well in my next video of this type :)

Reactions: mrjohnc1
Bit close to that cable near the end :)

I liked it! Very well put together, great music and I think the historical facts make it really interesting.

You don't actually NEED anything to add as it's great story telling. But..............

What I've observed from a lot of people's videos on this forum is that mixing drone footage with other content really, really works well.

Currently, I'm making a video of what was a private road some rich buggers had that went through a large chunk of our town. I've been looking to do something with a mix of drone footage and ground level footage. So I've got myself an action cam (DJI Osmo Action) and my old bike out of the shed. I'm currently riding around the town and heathlands with a ton of tech on an ancient mountain bike!

My point here is that as well as the great drone photography and interesting historical commentary, how about some historical photo's, or some ground level shots in the mix?

I put a post on the local history page of Facebook, and got a lot of people rummaging through the attic to dig out old photo's for me! You might find there is a lot of interest locally, and people looking to help!

Bit close to that cable near the end :)

I liked it! Very well put together, great music and I think the historical facts make it really interesting.

You don't actually NEED anything to add as it's great story telling. But..............

What I've observed from a lot of people's videos on this forum is that mixing drone footage with other content really, really works well.

Currently, I'm making a video of what was a private road some rich buggers had that went through a large chunk of our town. I've been looking to do something with a mix of drone footage and ground level footage. So I've got myself an action cam (DJI Osmo Action) and my old bike out of the shed. I'm currently riding around the town and heathlands with a ton of tech on an ancient mountain bike!

My point here is that as well as the great drone photography and interesting historical commentary, how about some historical photo's, or some ground level shots in the mix?

I put a post on the local history page of Facebook, and got a lot of people rummaging through the attic to dig out old photo's for me! You might find there is a lot of interest locally, and people looking to help!

Nice! Thank you for the feedback and some great thoughts! I think mixing drone shots with ground level shots are a perfect match. And adding some historical photos adds a new dimension to the story-telling :) I actually have a Osmo Action myself, but have not got the time to get familiar with it yet :)

Reactions: SW_Drone_Guy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio