DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Combining drone footage with other cameras

VegardBerland

Reactions
I just bought a Canon EOS R to combine with my drone footage. This is my first video and I’ve combined some footage in the second half. It turnes out ok, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips on combining these kinds of footage? What should I think about and what mistakes should I avoid? ?

I just bought a Canon EOS R to combine with my drone footage. This is my first video and I’ve combined some footage in the second half. It turnes out ok, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips on combining these kinds of footage? What should I think about and what mistakes should I avoid? ?
Hello Vegard,
wow, you mixed the ground and aerial shots perfectly and varied. Actually you did everything right, very nice and atmospheric shots and I even saw a shift in focus...You are definitely not a beginner and I can only say, hats off and compliments! BTW, the music also fits very well ?
cheers Paul

Hello Vegard,
wow, you mixed the ground and aerial shots perfectly and varied. Actually you did everything right, very nice and atmospheric shots and I even saw a shift in focus...You are definitely not a beginner and I can only say, hats off and compliments! BTW, the music also fits very well ?
cheers Paul
Thank you so much for your nice words :) Really appreciate it! I've been flying drones and editing videos for about three years, but just started using normal cameras.

Nice smooth moves Thumbswayup especially through those branches in the beginning ?‍♂️.

Hello Vegard,
cheers Paul

What Jack said! I'm not sure what more one could ask for that you didn't already accomplish in that edit. I too noticed that great focus rack from the photographer to the lighthouse, very well executed.

If anything, I'll be rewatching to try and learn from your work. I've only combined footage from my EOS R (on the same gimbal) and M2P once, and suffice it to say, it was nowhere near as seamless. Getting the colors to jive between clips is definitely an art form that I don't have a talent for (yet?)

What formats did you film in on each device? Grading D-Log to match C-Log was my goal. Kinda wishing I had shot both in more standard color profiles instead of LOG, despite the DR penalty.

What Jack said! I'm not sure what more one could ask for that you didn't already accomplish in that edit. I too noticed that great focus rack from the photographer to the lighthouse, very well executed.

If anything, I'll be rewatching to try and learn from your work. I've only combined footage from my EOS R (on the same gimbal) and M2P once, and suffice it to say, it was nowhere near as seamless. Getting the colors to jive between clips is definitely an art form that I don't have a talent for (yet?)

What formats did you film in on each device? Grading D-Log to match C-Log was my goal. Kinda wishing I had shot both in more standard color profiles instead of LOG, despite the DR penalty.
Thank you so much for watching and giving some feedback! Really appreciate it :)

WOW! Just WOW! That's the most inspiring and entertaining video I've watched this week (and I watch a LOT).

You've got skills my friend!! I hope to see more of your work shared on our forum!!

Did I mention WOW?

WOW! Just WOW! That's the most inspiring and entertaining video I've watched this week (and I watch a LOT).

You've got skills my friend!! I hope to see more of your work shared on our forum!!

Did I mention WOW?
Thank you so much for your nice words! Means a lot and comments like this inspires me to keep flying and making videos :) I share some videos here from time to time, but you can find all my videos on my Youtube-channel! Thanks again for watching :)

Reactions: BigAl07
Really excellent footage. Beautiful subject-matter, lighting, great flying very smooth, the drone is not apparent to the viewer at all, it just feels like we're there.

I did notice a relatively sudden theme change in music and content in 0-60s vs 60-100s.

In my opinion it was all good, but there was a noticeable difference.

If you're goal is for it to be less noticeable, rather than adding the 2nd camera footage at the end, maybe you could splice some of the footage in earlier to help blend the two? Also the sudden change in music at 60s draws attention to the theme change -- maybe offset the content-change from the tempo-change?

Having said all that -- you're clearly better at this than I am so don't take any of my advice to seriously :)

Great video!

Very enjoyable video too watch.

That was amazing to watch, great work. I'm new at this so I can't really offer any suggestions. The only thing I noticed was the mood of the first part of the video was much different from the beginning. It went from dark, cold, and foreboding to happy. It just seemed a little disjointed IMHO.

I can learn from a lot of your shots. Some of your orbits in the second half were just amazing and stunning. I enjoyed how you inserted yourself with your camera into it.

You have a new subscriber :)

Reactions: VegardBerland
Really excellent footage. Beautiful subject-matter, lighting, great flying very smooth, the drone is not apparent to the viewer at all, it just feels like we're there.

I did notice a relatively sudden theme change in music and content in 0-60s vs 60-100s.

In my opinion it was all good, but there was a noticeable difference.

If you're goal is for it to be less noticeable, rather than adding the 2nd camera footage at the end, maybe you could splice some of the footage in earlier to help blend the two? Also the sudden change in music at 60s draws attention to the theme change -- maybe offset the content-change from the tempo-change?

Having said all that -- you're clearly better at this than I am so don't take any of my advice to seriously :)

Great video!
Thank you so much for the feedback! I didn't use the whole song because I did not have enough good footage, so maybe that's why the difference in music came out a bit sudden :)
And using 2nd camera footage earlier is a great tip and I will probably do that next time :)

Reactions: HobWash

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jridout