DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Come on Epson, fix your compass calibration app for BT-300!

Steady Eddie

Reactions
From my location in Cape Town, South Africa (angle of magnetic declination -25.46 deg from true north) the radar compass in the Epson BT-300 GO4 app reads approx -65 deg from true north. It's not rocket rocket science for your clever programmers to fix! The headset has your own built in compass! You need to look at GPS location from the GPS receiver in the controller, or at least from the GO4 app, and then tell the radar what to do. Don"t Epson and DJI talk to each other?

Reactions: FL AV8R
From my location in Cape Town, South Africa (angle of magnetic declination -25.46 deg from true north) the radar compass in the Epson BT-300 GO4 app reads approx -65 deg from true north. It's not rocket rocket science for your clever programmers to fix! The headset has your own built in compass! You need to look at GPS location from the GPS receiver in the controller, or at least from the GO4 app, and then tell the radar what to do. Don"t Epson and DJI talk to each other?
If the BT-300 compass is wrong what does that have to do with DJI? The reality is they don't work together, despite what the original clever marketing might have implied.

Try calibrating the BT-300 compass and see how you go. I got close at one point to it working correctly however it wasn't reliable.

It has nothing to do with DJI.

If the BT-300 compass is wrong what does that have to do with DJI? The reality is they don't work together, despite what the original clever marketing might have implied.

Try calibrating the BT-300 compass and see how you go. I got close at one point to it working correctly however it wasn't reliable.

It has nothing to do with DJI.
As the title of the thread says, it's the Epson Moverio Sensor Calibration app that does not work. This means the compass in the BT-300 headset cannot be correctly calibrated and that is why the drone heading in the radar screen in the GO4 app does not agree with the drone heading in map view in the GO4 app.

I have tried calibrating the headset many times with the Epson Moverio Sensor Calibration app, it just plain does not work, that's the problem.

Something else I've also noticed is that the GPS receiver in the Moverio controller/touchpad is pretty useless. Laggy and not at all accurate.

I agree that this it's not DJI"s problem, it's Epson's.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill combs
As the title of the thread says, it's the Epson Moverio Sensor Calibration app that does not work. This means the compass in the BT-300 headset cannot be correctly calibrated and that is why the drone heading in the radar screen in the GO4 app does not agree with the drone heading in map view in the GO4 app.
I have tried calibrating the headset many times with the Epson Moverio Sensor Calibration app, it just plain does not work, that's the problem.

Something else I've also noticed is that the GPS receiver in the Moverio controller/touchpad is pretty useless. Laggy and not at all accurate.

It seems I misunderstood your issue, that is the question of how complicated it might be for DJI and Epson to work together.

I also tried third party compass apps with their calibration routines. To the extent it seemed to provide for accurate compass function it was short lived.

Out is desperation I ran a degaussing wand over the whole front sections of the Moverio’s. No joy there either/

I have pretty much given up to be honest.

Reactions: FL AV8R
I also tried third party compass apps with their calibration routines. To the extent it seemed to provide for accurate compass function it was short lived.

Out is desperation I ran a degaussing wand over the whole front sections of the Moverio’s. No joy there either/
Yup I've tried those two tricks as well, no joy.
Unless Epson fixes the problem, we are stuck with it.

i’ve had the same issue with my glasses not calibrating and until now thought it was me not doing it correctly.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Same thing here, tried every app and recommend procedure and still the compass will not calibrate.

Reactions: Bill combs
Haven’t dealt with this problem as I never use the Moverio compass when flying, but I wonder if connecting to a regular Wi-Fi-router instead of a cell phone hotspot might help the enhanced (or augmented or whatever the term is called) GPS. If the Moverio GPS doesn’t give a reliable location (which I have noticed to be the case every time I try to set the Home Point at the controller) the Moverio compass magnetic error perhaps won’t be reflected properly, either. Apologies for my ignorance of the problem.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S