DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Commercial Drone Pilot

liverpool123

Reactions
Hello guys,

I am after a bit of information. I'm a UK based TV Producer. I initially bought my Mavic Mini for fun. But, because of my profession, I am often asked if I can bring my drone along on shoots to add as a second camera. I have CAA registration and am a member of the BMFA.

I would like to be able to charge companies for using me and my kit but I don't really know what exactly I need to do this. Does anybody know what I need to do to be able to use my drone commercially please? Do I need to complete a specific course? Do I need certain insurance?

If anybody knows any of the above then please let me know.

Many thanks

In the US, you would already be considered a commercial drone pilot that required a part 107 license, even though you are not charging.
I don't know the UK equivalency, but for legal and liability reasons, I would stop until I obtained the proper licensing.

In the US, you would already be considered a commercial drone pilot that required a part 107 license, even though you are not charging.
I don't know the UK equivalency, but for legal and liability reasons, I would stop until I obtained the proper licensing.
Thanks - I haven't actually done any filming so I'm okay. Hopefully somebody from the UK can help

Reactions: BigAl07
New Part 107 pilot in US.
Question…on business cards, would you put your FAA certification number?
…or just “FAA Certified Remote Pilot” with no number?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98