DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Commo problem rolling back FW with DumlDore

modbuilder

Reactions
Am trying to use DumlDore on a Windows 10 PC to roll back Mavic FW from v01.03.0900 to *.700. Downloaded the zip version of DumlDore from GitHub, and unzipped easily into several files. Launched Assistant2 to check commo with Mavic. Asistant2 hooked up fine and reported the .900 version of FW on the Mavic. Closed Assistant2, launched Dumldore.exe, and got a commo time out message searching for the ftp server (the Mavic). Went back and shutdown firewalls and anti-malware apps and relaunched Dumldore as Administrator. Same result. Assistant2 still finds the Mavic successfully and DumlDore times out.

Deleted Dumldore and repeated the download/unzip process --> same result. Dumldore message says to try a browser pointed to ftp:://192.168.42.2 (that fails too). Message says then to check the RDNIS driver. Best I can tell, the Windows 10 O.S. doesn’t use an RNDIS driver, so I’m wondering if that’s the problem with Dumldore not communicating with the Mavic. But I’m way over my head here, and would appreciate recommendations. Thanks…………..R

Reactions: JBrand
I had similar error and resolved it when I found I had a VPN running. Dis connected VPN and it worked!

An alternative is to use the NoLimitDronez app, and I'd actually prefer to go that route. But their web site says it works with GO4 v4.1.3 or lower, but I have v4.1.5. There is a process for rolling back GO4 versions that uses iTunes with Charles app to interrupt the iTunes download and modify the request to the desired version. However it appears that iTunes has more recently modified their process so this doesn't work anymore. Or else I'm again over my head and not using the process correctly.

If anybody has an archived copy of the executable GO4 version 4.1.3, I'd go with NLD for the FW rollbacks I'm wanting to make.

If Assistant 2 is closed and still has processes that are running in the background that do not close then there is a potential that the communication to the Mavic Pro could be blocked when one runs DumlDore.

Perhaps a full power off and power on of the Windows 10 PC and then running DumlDore wihtout first running Assistant 2.

Its worth a try and I am just "Spitballing" here.

Reactions: JTology
If Assistant 2 is closed and still has processes that are running in the background that do not close then there is a potential that the communication to the Mavic Pro could be blocked when one runs DumlDore.

Perhaps a full power off and power on of the Windows 10 PC and then running DumlDore wihtout first running Assistant 2.

Its worth a try and I am just "Spitballing" here.

OK. I went off and tried it. Shutdown/restarted PC, closed firewalls, launched Dumldore as Admin..... no joy. Good idea though. Wish it'd worked. At least we've eliminated a possibility. Thanks for spitballing on it. ....... R

How to rollback Mavic firmware

Should of gone back a little more its on page 20

With the mavic connected you need to go to device manager or network connections, select the correct device and set the ip
Hmm... On an older Windows machine I would've gone to com3. On Win10, I see USB controllers in Device Manager with several devices, none of which have an IP address that can be adjusted. Clearly DumlDore needs more manual communication set up, but I'm not finding the right device/path. I'll go back and read further. Thx.

Hmm... On an older Windows machine I would've gone to com3. On Win10, I see USB controllers in Device Manager with several devices, none of which have an IP address that can be adjusted. Clearly DumlDore needs more manual communication set up, but I'm not finding the right device/path. I'll go back and read further. Thx.
How to rollback Mavic firmware

Should of gone back a little more its on page 20

With the mavic connected you need to go to device manager or network connections, select the correct device and set the ip
OK, I see the info you're describing, and I think it's setting up eithernet properties on an older OS. I've got to look around a little further in Device Mgr. I may just have to drag out an older PC and see if that looks more familiar. Enough stuff changed on Windows10 that the right device/path is not obvious.

Wait. I may be onto it. It helps to find the Ethernet Adapter if you spell it right. :-( I'll go away and work on this more. Will post results . Thanks....... R

Settings > network & internet > Ethernet > change adapter options > Ethernet * > properties > internet protocol version 4

* which ever one has NDIS in the description

Settings > network & internet > change adapter options > Ethernet * > properties > internet protocol version 4

* which ever one has NDIS in the description
With your help, I've had a breakthrough. Initially while poking around in Network Connections, I only had two options -- Ethernet and WiFi, neither of which is what I needed. Then as a result of something I did, not sure what yet, I had an RNDIS option. I configured that with the IP address described in your pg 20 link above, and IT WORKED. Even with firewalls still up and not running DumlDore as Admin. It just worked!! I got a nice backup. I've closed it down to put in a fresh battery and start the roll back. Not sure what produced the RNDIS connection option to configure, but it's up and running now. When I get the rollback finished, I'll post more details on how I got there. It may be what you've shown above, but I haven't cross checked it yet.

Thanks a ton for your help and patience. Hope this helps somebody else get there a little quicker. Best regards from South Carolina. ......... R

Good grief! No wonder I couldn't find the remote NDIS connection to configure. At least on my Windows 10 PC, that connection only appears when a device is connected that wants it. I had been trying to configure my PC communication settings with the Mavic turned off to avoid using battery power and heating up the Mavic until I was ready to roll back the FW. I would attempt to configure the communication settings, then turn on the Mavic to check out the results. Of course at that time moment I was looking at DumlDore. Only when I had the Mavic powered up and connected to the PC did the remote NDIS connection present itself to be configured in Settings. I didn't believe it at first, so I had everything up and running with the RNDIS connection showing in Network Connections, and I reached over and shutdown the Mavic. Voila, the RNDIS driver disappeared. At least it's persistent, i.e., I can disconnect and reconnect, and the RNDIS is still configured. I'll have to check to see if I can restart the PC without having to re-configure the RNDIS connection when it appears. Guess I'm just naive thinking that a communication port/driver would be available to configure even when it's not in use.

The way windows works, I did say :)

Unless you are in safe mode windows hides disconnected devices to cut down clutter

It should keep the settings

Glad you got it sorted

Umm yes, it was the same as trying to access the data on a flash drive or using an USB WiFi adapter without plugging it in... :rolleyes:

The Mavic is among others a network card, when you plug it in it appears in the devices, when it's off it's physically absent and Windows has no reason to continue showing it.

When you're right, you're right. Maybe if you'd have put "With the Mavic connected" in all Caps, Bold, and Underlined, I might have got the message. Thanks for your patience. I'm off and running now. Best regards.......R R

So I've been struggling with this for a few weeks now. I've read both threads, this one and the other which is dedicated to the roll back. I've configured my rdnis, with and without the IP, I've tried turning off antivirus, I've rebooted as well.

There's somehow a disconnect between the MP and the laptop when dumldore begins it's upload. That being said, when this happens, the MP will no longer reconnect until you reboot the PC. Wireless mouse, disconnects and reconnects a few times after the failure, but comes back. Also tried without the wireless mouse as a scratch it off the list type thing.

I've ran DJI assistant as a test to upgrade to 3.100, upgraded just fine. I'm not sure where to continue searching for the problem with dumldore. If there's a way to log the event while using dumldore to help figure this out, I'd be happy to do that.

I looked into system's logs, that didn't help. Or at least I could looking in the wrong place.

Reactions: Budstas
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929