DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compact hard case for Mavic Mini 2

weddlec

Reactions
I had the Mavic Mini 1 and loved the hard case that came with the fly more combo. Researching the Mavic Mini 2 all the reviewers seem to prefer the camera bag. I hate it. I bought my mini for backpacking. I figure with the much larger controller they didn’t do a a case like the first one. Any recommendations for a super compact hard case that would hold the drone, controller, and maybe 1 extra battery?

GPC has a pretty compact hard case coming out soon. It's 10.7" x 9.6" x 4.8". They are taking pre-orders here.

Reactions: Thomas B
Cool. Thanks for the fast reply. That is still a bit larger than what I was looking for. That one looks like it holds all the accessories in the fly more bundle. I might have to come up with something on my own, but I’d rather just buy something.

I don't know if we'll see anything more compact in a hard case. You might have to consider some type of soft case.

Reactions: Thomas B
I've been really happy with their stuff in the past, but for backpacking purposes I need something as small or smaller that the Mavic Mini 1's case. I can have 1 battery in the drone and another in the case.

I've been really happy with their stuff in the past, but for backpacking purposes I need something as small or smaller that the Mavic Mini 1's case. I can have 1 battery in the drone and another in the case.
Have you considered the OneMo backpack? Love mine. Holds chargers, M2P, 5 batteries, CrystalSky, controller, PolarPro CS mount, spare props, several ND filter sets, 4 extra props, cables and cords for home and car, sun hood, six SD cards in their cases.... and after I pack lunch still have some room... very comfortable... may be cheaper elsewhere checkout all the features on the PGYTech site page about it. I love mine.

Thanks for all of the help, but by backpacking I mean I have a pack (preferably 30 lbs or less) that contains all my food, clothes, rain gear, stove, tent, water filtration, sleeping bag, and my drone. The drone gets allotted at most 10% of my backpacking space. I felt like the Mavic Mini 1's fly more case held way more than I needed, but I have been backpacking with it anyways.

Essentially I'm looking for something smaller than the camera bag that cam with my Mavic Mini 2's fly more bundle.

Thanks for all of the help, but by backpacking I mean I have a pack (preferably 30 lbs or less) that contains all my food, clothes, rain gear, stove, tent, water filtration, sleeping bag, and my drone. The drone gets allotted at most 10% of my backpacking space. I felt like the Mavic Mini 1's fly more case held way more than I needed, but I have been backpacking with it anyways.

Essentially I'm looking for something smaller than the camera bag that cam with my Mavic Mini 2's fly more bundle.
Did you see the removable bag... drone and 5 batteries?

Awesome. I saw some on eBay but they didn’t have the storage for the 2 batteries. Thank you so much.

I am in the same boat as you (even though I don't have the mini 2 yet). I loved the Mini 1 FMC "case", and the fact that it could include everything including the charger. However, when hiking, I found that even that bag was often too big, and I found that on those occasions, you only need the drone, the batteries and the controller, of which the last two are plenty sturdy by themselves. So, I bought a protective bag for the drone alone so I can throw it in any backpack and put the controller/batteries in my pockets. As the Mini and Mini 2 basically are the same geometrically, I recon it would still suit the 2 as well.

Linghuang Portable Hard Case for DJI Mavic Mini Drone Accessories Transport Protection Storage Bag (for Drone): Amazon.de: Spielzeug

How about one of these hard cases for just the drone, since the controller and batteries are not quite as delicate and require the same level of protection? It's officially for the Mini1 but the Mini2 should fit (without the prop-strap, and with a little bit of carving out the foam insert with the prop-strap) When backpacking you probably only want to carry the minimum required so tailor the protection levels to what really needs it.

got mine today from a pre order ..love the case

Attachments

• DB9B112B-3687-494B-8EE4-9A492627AEAE.jpeg
    DB9B112B-3687-494B-8EE4-9A492627AEAE.jpeg
    854.1 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: msinger

Did you manage to find a suitable small case? Thanks

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3