DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass 1 Disconnected.

subek

Reactions
Hello,

Yesterday I bought Mavic Pro Combo, I wanted to have fun with new toy but GO 4 app is still begging me for calibration of the compass, I've done it about ten times but still have message that Compass 1 is disconnected. Trying on diffrent phones and firmwares from 400 to 1000 and stil the same problem.

DJI support advise me to send it to service but you know how it is when you have something new, I want to fly now, not month later. So my question is, can I fly it with only one compass?

We have a law that when you buy something and take invoice on your company you cannot turn it back or replace, only warranty repair. I've sent email yesterday and I'm counting on good will of the retailer but I dont see big chance of success.

Last edited:
I live in Poland, if I bought it on my own not with invoice on my company I could return it in 14 days without giving a f... but it is what it is, so can I fly with one compass? As far I remember my P3S have only one compass and its doing OK.

I live in Poland, if I bought it on my own not with invoice on my company I could return it in 14 days without giving a f... but it is what it is, so can I fly with one compass? As far I remember my P3S have only one compass and its doing OK.

You can try to fly with 1 compass, but compass #1 is your main compass, and you risk a flyaway. It will also be hard to calibrate the compass with only 1 working.

If you dont want to send it in for service, your answer might be just to replace the compass/GPS unit on the bottom rear of the top cover. That will probably solve your problem. If you want to try to fix it yourself, you just need to buy a new unit and install it.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Reactions: MrsTreat and subek
You can try to fly with 1 compass, but compass #1 is your main compass, and you risk a flyaway. It will also be hard to calibrate the compass with only 1 working.

If you dont want to send it in for service, your answer might be just to replace the compass/GPS unit on the bottom rear of the top cover. That will probably solve your problem. If you want to try to fix it yourself, you just need to buy a new unit and install it.

View attachment 21710 View attachment 21711 View attachment 21712 View attachment 21713
Do you think he might get lucky by simply re-seating the connector? But in doing so, (opening) would he void the warranty?

Do you think he might get lucky by simply re-seating the connector? But in doing so, (opening) would he void the warranty?

It's possible that reseating the connector (or seating it if it wasnt done at the factory) would fix it. It's also possible that one of the compass wires is broken, or that the compass unit was defective from the factory. Yes he might void his warranty by opening the top cover, but I have sent in many Mavics to DJI that have been opened and they have never failed to cover a defective component. Most of the time they just sent a refurb instead of repairing it.

The Op can either send it to the Netherlands, or attempt the repair himself.

After many calls and many emails I just received a message from the store that they will replace my Mavic for new one :) I'm so happy, thank you all for help!
Very cool.

Great subject I open my dji app go sensors then compass both show green but the top o s has #1next to it I'm not getting many satalites is this normal or is there a problem with one of the Compas cheers and thanks in advance

Great subject I open my dji app go sensors then compass both show green but the top o s has #1next to it I'm not getting many satalites is this normal or is there a problem with one of the Compas cheers and thanks in advance
Compass and GPS is different...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio