DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass calibration in Litchi

Reactions
Hi, I had checked and rechecked the settings in mission planner for my first overwater flight and then set off with freshly charged batteries in controller, tablet and drone. Wind 10mph, no gusts. Set up and everything was fine except - Litchi told me compass calibration needed and the Mavic Air was flashing red and yellow. It's supposed to go yellow when you tap the message on the Litchi app and then you do the compass dance.

I spent a fruitless 20 minutestrying to get the lights to change. Tapped on the compass calibration message, the status bar, all over the screen.

The tablet has no sim so I couldn't shut down and sort out the compass in DJI Go4 as I wouldn't be able to save my Litchi maps and mission. Didn't want to fire up Go$ with Litchi still running in case it later screwed my Litchi mission with the aircraft over water. Didn't have my phone with me to use as another controller with Go4.

Mission aborted. Was there anything I could have done?

The tablet has no sim so I couldn't shut down and sort out the compass in DJI Go4 as I wouldn't be able to save my Litchi maps and mission.
No sim card needed.
You can save Litchi missions to your phone or tablet.

Ok, ignore this thread. Confused user, non technical. I read the litchi manual that I had stashed on the tablet but, in a mild panic to get things working because I had an audience, misunderstood and kept trying to activate calibration by tapping the eroor message instead of going into the settings/aircraft menu.

Nothing got damaged except my pride :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143