DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass Calibration indoors?

adamsweeting

Reactions
Hi All.
I have owned several DJI drones over the last few years (FlameWheel (remember them?!), P4, Mavic Pro) so I am no noob.....
However.... I just bought a Mavic Air, which is a great bit of kit - but it does seem a lot more finnicky on the old compass calibrations.
If I want to fly indoors (bad weather), and if I am presented with the 'Compass Calibration required' message in the GO4 app - Am I safe to do a calibration inside? (obviously away from metal etc)
The place I am going to fly indoors in is MASSIVE (think sports hall sized)

Last edited:
If it calibrates and your compass shows the right heading you are go. If it will not calibrate well then your not good to go-Personally I would never fly indoors but that's just me.

All went well. Didn't get a calibration message in the end. Perfect flight. Opti mode worked a charm

On a similar theme, I also have a Mavic Air and since I am travelling at th3 moment, I find I have to recalibrate all the time. I try to keep away from metal and potential EM sources, but nevertheless it usually requires 5 or 6 efforts before I can complete the calibration. So I’m walking around and turning in circles and generally drawing attention to myself, which is the last thing I want to do.

Any tips about this? Should I orientate the device outward radially, or perhaps in the direction of the circumference?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Apologies if this has been dealt with before. If so, kindly direct me accordingly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters