DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass calibration issues

Daniel murphy

Reactions
Hi all,

Yes, I agree this question has been done to death! I have read all other threads but once again I just need some assurance.

I fly my drone way out in the countryside where theres nothing but cows and corn fields or any other huge open spaces. Each time I turn on the drone it shows this (see picture)

I calibrate the compass and make sure theres no metal around me other than the two metal crowns I have in my mouth and each time I change the battery or visit the same spot on another day it says I need to calibrate the compass.

Or, am I misreading the screen as it says overall status is normal.

This is my second drone and I didn't have these problems on the first one. Just need to know whether its worth taking back for an exchange.

Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_5285.PNG
    IMG_5285.PNG
    339.9 KB · Views: 36
Yes, you are misreading, there is NOTHING wrong. The "CALIBRATE" is circled only to let you know this is where to press. Stupid design but I digress.... It would be RED if it needed calibration, no worries - your Mavic is fine.

Reactions: Enigma
Yes, you are misreading, there is NOTHING wrong. The "CALIBRATE" is circled only to let you know this is where to press. Stupid design but I digress.... It would be RED if it needed calibration, no worries - your Mavic is fine.

Hi Lou,

Many thanks! I just need to stop inventing problems and earn my flying stripes. The last thing I owned that was radio controlled was a car back in the 80's, things have moved on considerably since then.

No worries, that's one of the benefits of this forum - great depth of knowledge. Now get out and enjoy your MP and get us some great footage. Happy flying!

Unless that "CALIBRATE" turn to "RED" you don't need to do squat! (pardon my French).
But sometimes, I got this warning before, it shows Mag Interference then Cal Compass or move.
Just move the MP to a diff location (a few feet away from any directions and it will go away).
I got this warning once when I was in HI 2 weeks ago.

Unless that "CALIBRATE" turn to "RED" you don't need to do squat! (pardon my French).
But sometimes, I got this warning before, it shows Mag Interference then Cal Compass or move.
Just move the MP to a diff location (a few feet away from any directions and it will go away).
I got this warning once when I was in HI.

Hi Top Hat,

Many thanks for the tips.

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11