DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass Calibration

JerryofWV

Reactions
In the past I only calibrated my compass if I changed locations with my Air. Now I have to calibrate it every time I fly. If I land and change batteries it requires a compass calibration.

Is this normal?

I have the same message. Having owned (from new) the Mavik Air for 2 years +, it now insists on a Compass Calibration before flying.

Not a particular problem as it calibrates within a minute or so.

But would be good to know why...And how to Degause would be helpful.. ;-)

Thumbing through the posts about calibrating the compass looking for the answer to my question:

When I pull up the window where you calibrate the compass, the message on the screen that say " Calibrate" is not highlighted. When I touch the screen nothing happens. So I am assuming that means there is no need to calibrate. Is this correct or am I doing something wrong ?

I am flying a M2 zoom.

So I am assuming that means there is no need to calibrate. Is this correct or am I doing something wrong ?
When/if the drone needs to have the compass recalibrated, it will tell you.
Until then, just leave it alone.
If the drone hovers in place and flies straight, there is nothing to be gained from recalibrating a perfectly working compass.

If the drone hovers in place and flies straight, there is nothing to be gained from recalibrating a perfectly working compass.

Agreed. The first indication that I typically see of an out-of-calibration compass is that the aircraft crabs in straight flight - i.e. it doesn't fly in exactly the direction that it is pointing. Calibration fixes that, although I have noticed that some aircraft calibrate better with CCW rotation than the recommended CW rotation. I don't have a good explanation for that observation.

Reactions: Tonyzak
Yep I agree... I think I've only calibrated my compass 3 times in the last year with 650 flights so far and not a single issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus