DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass calibration.

Basically calibrate once, if you travel 50 miles calibrate again.
No - you do not need to calibrate if you travel 50 miles or even 500 miles!

Have a read, use the search function on the forum and you will get some good advice about how often you should or shouldn't calibrate.

Have a read, use the search function on the forum and you will get some good advice about how often you should or shouldn't calibrate.

Maybe he did search. Because I know I have and there's so much crazy info out there. This is the first time I read it doesn't matter how far you traveled from the last time you did a compass calibration

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

What would your miles limit for recalibration be?

What would your miles limit for recalibration be?
I don't really have any - I only ever check mod values before take off. If they are outside 1300-1600 I don't take off.
I move and recheck. If they are still out I would consider recalibrating. (But only if I had travelled a large distance - over 1,000 miles) Otherwise I would suspect some interference locally.
I then take off and hover for around ten seconds looking closely for any sign of TBE. Then check control inputs on all axis. Final check of cell voltages and then I'm good to go.

Reactions: Dougie and kmaluo
IMG_7379.PNG Hello everyone. I just got my Mavic at the end of last week and I can't get the compass to calibrate. I own a Phantom 3 so I'm not unfamiliar with the process. I keep getting the 'too strong magnetic interference' but I'm over 25 feet from any metal objects and my Phantom 3 will calibrate in exactly the same spot without an issue.
I'm not sure if what I'm seeing on this screen says there is really a problem or not. I'm not sure if I should fly it right out of the box without calibrating the compass. My guy feeling is no so I haven't taken off yet... and it's killing me.. lol
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Just move to a "cleaner" location and pay attention to any metal stuff you might be wearing.

Just brought it over to the local soccer field for another attempt. I went out to the middle of the field and made sure I had no metal objects on me and it still says there is too strong magnetic interference.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada