DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass error after Mavic Pro Platinum disassembly to add internal SD card

FlyingEagle

Reactions
Hi everyone. I have a MPP and I read that the only way to mode mavic pro platinum params was to disassembly it and add an internal SD card. So that's what I did. But when I opened it i had a compass calibration error. I disassembled again and i removed the sd card. The result is the same. I changed firmware many times and now i am on 1.04.01 but still the same. I don't know what to do guys. Should I sent it back for repair or wait every time I open it to find GPS and wait to see compass error disappeared?

I am also thinking buying a Mavic pro released in July 2017. Is that day good? Will I still have the same problem with internal sd card? Should I buy a new mavic or wait until a new product release is out like Mavic 2. Are there any suggestions from you guys?

Thank you!

I recalibrated but the result is the same. It seems that now is more vulnerable to magnetic fields or idk. :(

But when I opened it i had a compass calibration error. I disassembled again and i removed the sd card. The result is the same. I changed firmware many times and now i am on 1.04.01 but still the same. I don't know what to do guys.

First thing to do is determine which compass is not calibrating #1 or #2? You should inspect the compass #1 wires that run from the top body to the FC ESC board. Popping the top off can break one of those wires and then you will need to either micro solder it back on or buy a new compass.

Reactions: FlyingEagle
First thing to do is determine which compass is not calibrating #1 or #2? You should inspect the compass #1 wires that run from the top body to the FC ESC board. Popping the top off can break one of those wires and then you will need to either micro solder it back on or buy a new compass.
So the way I disassembled the AC may broke one of the wires of the compass? Because when I was opening it there was only one array of 5 or 6 wires connected and as I opened it abruptly this array disconnected. These wires where from the compass. Do u think that it's too easy to break?

So the way I disassembled the AC may broke one of the wires of the compass? Because when I was opening it there was only one array of 5 or 6 wires connected and as I opened it abruptly this array disconnected. These wires where from the compass. Do u think that it's too easy to break?

Can you take a picture? The harness plugs into the FC board with a white plug. If it's broken at the compass, you will need a new compass.

Compass.jpg

If you yanked the connector out there's a chance you broke one of those tiny wires. It will still fly great with one compass, but I'd be more worried about possible damage to the GPS wires.

do u have litchi, i got some compass errors in dji but litchi showed all normal, kinda confusing, i also opened up my mav and did the sd card,i started the top removal from the rear and the plug came out on its own, if i knew it was there i would have opened from the front so i could reach in and pull it out, hoping i didnt damage mine either, so far so good, but prior to the sd card i got ccompass errors in dji go but not in litchi, very weird

Thanks for your replies, unfortunately I can't open it again. I am too scared of making even more damage. At first I thought it was the way I removed the white glue but now I am sure that the problem is with the compass wires. If I send it for repair will they tell me that you opened it so it's your fault and you have lost the warranty? If yes how much does this operation costs and how many days does it take for repair?
Thanks again for your time.

Update: both compass seems to work but now the one is too much vulnerable. I mean that in places that there was no problem now to it seems to have.

Last edited:
pretty sure dji would be like apple, they would know the first signs of some one opening her up, if its working i guess just enjoy her and the new freedom, by the way when u mmentioned 1.04.100 is that a modded removed modules firmware, i beoieve thats what i am looking for to get the pano mode back, i am on 104,000 and i have lost pano mode, looking for a modded 104.100 or beter yet 104,300

pretty sure dji would be like apple, they would know the first signs of some one opening her up, if its working i guess just enjoy her and the new freedom, by the way when u mmentioned 1.04.100 is that a modded removed modules firmware, i beoieve thats what i am looking for to get the pano mode back, i am on 104,000 and i have lost pano mode, looking for a modded 104.100 or beter yet 104,300
No it's not modded. I can't mode it. I did all of these to mode it but the only thing I managed was to cause damage to the compass.

ya i guess when they say mod at your own risk they mean it, i watched a misleading video on the internal sd card and i removed the wrong end,,,,,,,very scary in that end tiny ribbon connectors and such, hope ur bird flies ok, do u still have the sd in it, so u can mod again if u choose, i cant see the wires being that flimsy, they were pretty hefty wires to me, maybe after a few flights and calibrations she will be fine,

ya i guess when they say mod at your own risk they mean it, i watched a misleading video on the internal sd card and i removed the wrong end,,,,,,,very scary in that end tiny ribbon connectors and such, hope ur bird flies ok, do u still have the sd in it, so u can mod again if u choose, i cant see the wires being that flimsy, they were pretty hefty wires to me, maybe after a few flights and calibrations she will be fine,
No I removed it because I thought that this was the problem but when I had it connected, I downgraded the firmware to 01.03.07 and I had no sd card warning so i was able to mod it. Now I have the bird without sd and firmware 1.04.01 and I am facing the compass error only

have u tried litchi, i some times get a compass error in dji but i dont get it in litchi, strange, well since ur commited now u may as well open her up start at the front and put that sd back in and mod to your hearts conetent, also i get a compass error when i try to launch to close to my truck, i have taken off from my tailgate a few times and some times i get an error this was all well before i modded it so wasnt a mod thing

have u tried litchi, i some times get a compass error in dji but i dont get it in litchi, strange, well since ur commited now u may as well open her up start at the front and put that sd back in and mod to your hearts conetent, also i get a compass error when i try to launch to close to my truck, i have taken off from my tailgate a few times and some times i get an error this was all well before i modded it so wasnt a mod thing
No I haven't tried it yet. I am going to test it. Thank you!

I was wondering, if I manage to fix compass, add sd card again and then defeat the anti rollback protection through DUMLdore, which will be the latest firmware version that I could edit Params to have 500+ meters height? 01.03.09/08/07 ?

I don't care about NFZ, only max height limit minds me.

Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore